This week has been another good one - not too much happened out of the ordinary for us, but it's been good just the same!
Robert has been working his tail off at the house fixing up the kitchen, among other things! I'm so proud of him! He's sent me some pictures and even though it's not finished, it looks great! His Dad flew out last Friday to help him and they've made some great progress. They're not sure if they're going to be able to get EVERYTHING done that we want done (shower doors installed, ceiling fans installed, brick backyard, etc...), so I'm going to be packing like crazy so they can focus on the hard work. I fly out to Vegas tomorrow around noon and I will be back with our girls hopefully next Monday.
Be praying for us - it's going to be hard for me to be away from my beautiful baby girls, and we have a few days of VERY hard work coming up with remodeling, packing and moving by this weekend. Pray for strength, energy and safety for all of us!
Apparently it wasn't quite clear, but Robert is NOT being stationed at Beale Air Force Base like we initially thought earlier this spring. His new job will be as an instructor of the Air Force ROTC program at Sacramento State University. His report date is September 3rd, so it'll be nice to have Robert closer! We're planning to be together for the weekends, so it'll be nicer than seeing each other every few weeks. It's still not the most ideal situation, but we're grateful for it! =)
Last month before the RT's changed Mia's trach to a different type, she had an air leak that wasn't good for her, but I loved it because she could talk! I was able to record it on my cell phone, so yesterday I made a couple of quick videos of the recordings so you could hear her talk! Click on the following 3 pictures of Mia to listen: (Note: the vidoes aren't actually videos. They're basically just audio clips, but I video taped a picture of her, so that's why she's not moving or anything.) =)
Well, that's it for now...
Love to you all,
Rachael <3
Hi Rachael, I have a few friends at FamilyLife who are originally from Sacramento. Their support teams are based in Sacramento. I emailed all three of them tonight to see if they know anyone who might be able to have Robert stay with them. I'll let you know as soon as I know anything.
ReplyDeleteEmily
I love Mia's crocks! And it's so cute to hear her talking! I'm planning on coming up to San Jose for a week next month, so hopefully I will get to meet Mia then! (I was in the Bay Area for a couple days this month, but it was only a whirlwind trip and I barely had time to see my own family!). Praying for you guys!
ReplyDeletePraying all is well...concerned for you in your silence.
ReplyDelete