We moved into the apartment on June 8th, with whatever Mercedes and I absolutely needed. Unloaded everything that belonged to us from my parents' home and the trailer (which was a LOT!)
Every week, Robert and I have been filling our cars and bringing whatever we can down to San Jose, as well as doing more elimination and packing while we're in Sacramento.
We only have a few loads left before we actually have to get a small moving truck for the bigger pieces that won't fit in my car. It's actually been working out great!
The apartment is perfect - it's small, but I'd much rather have small, than too big! Costs a lot more money to fill a big place! =) Mercedes loves her room (she's in the dining room) and after our first night, she proudly told me, "Mommy! I can see the kitchen from my room!!!" Her little space is the best spot in the house!! =)
Mia's been doing really well - her 1st swim day was yesterday! Of course she was sleeping through the first 20 minutes of it. I don't think she was very sure of the water she was sitting in. =) She sure looked cute, though! I've posted some pictures on Facebook, but for here, you'll have to wait a few days (or a month at the rate I'm going!)
She finally has a date for the 3 hour appointment with all the specialists at Stanford. September 22nd. They're seeing if they can pull a few strings to get her in earlier, but for now, that's when it is. It's a super hard appointment to get and it's very unlikely anybody will cancel for Mia to go sooner!
That's about it for now... I need to get Cedes up. She's spending the week with Nana and Pops while Willow and I head up to Sacramento until Sunday getting things done up there.
Pray for my grandma, Tillie. She's almost 94 and has a really bad UTI. She was taken to the ER on June 4th, admitted to the hospital, stayed there for several days, and now is in a senior home/hospital. She seemed to be doing better, but when I saw her on Sunday, she looked like she had a cold. =( She just looked very tired, weak and sick. I didn't want to stay long because I didn't want to chance getting Mia sick, so I only stayed a few minutes. My parents were there earlier that day and my Uncle and his family were there when I was. This is the only illness I ever remember her having - she's always been super healthy and strong. Thankfully, she's in Sacramento, too, so whenever I'd go up there, I'd always visit her anyway. It's so much nicer than only getting to see her once a year when I'd be in town for Christmas when we lived in Las Vegas! So, anyway, keep her in prayer, too. =)
Love to you all,
Rachael
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment