Merry Christmas!
Praise God, we are doing well! This year has flown by so fast … that's usually the case when you're extremely busy, I suppose. =)
Our time in Sacramento was very short lived. We bought our house in October of last year and just a few short months later, Robert's bosses boss came to visit the Air Force ROTC detachment at Sacramento State and told Robert that he needed to be down in San Jose with Mia, Mercedes and myself. At the time, he was given a 4-day weekend pass to be with us in San Jose. Mercedes and I would also go up for around 5 days a month to live together in our home. It was fun, but different trying to relax, but still needing to unpack and set up the house. The drive to Sacramento was always relaxing and just so pretty in fall/winter/spring. With the green rolling hills, and beautiful clouds, the drive was just what I needed! =)
Robert: Robert is definitely enjoying working at San Jose State University AFROTC Det 045! Robert actually graduated from SJSU and became a commissioned officer through AFROTC Det 045 5 years ago, so it's pretty neat to be back, but on staff! It was challenging with Robert working in Las Vegas and then Sacramento before getting his assignment to San Jose. That was a long 18 months of not really living together, but we're so grateful to be together again! Robert began working on his Masters in Science of Aerospace Systems at the beginning of November. I'm glad he's enjoying it, otherwise it'd get very difficult for him to come home every night and spend several hours reading the material. We're grateful it's an on-line course – most of the time he studies in Mia's room, so he's able to be with her every evening!
Rachael: My days are very busy with being a wife, a mother to Mercedes and Mia, trying to get our new tiny 600 sq. ft. apartment in order, etc, but I wouldn't change any of it! I am just so extremely blessed that we were able to find a place to live just down the street from where Mia resides!! Just a 2 minute walk! I am also very grateful that my parents are so willing to care for Mercedes so I can visit with Mia by myself at times, or so I can go to the gym, or when Mercedes is sick. When she's sick, she can't go visit Mia, which usually means I have to stay home with her and I can't visit Mia, either. I am very blessed to have my family's support! That's pretty rare for a Military family being stationed so close to family!
Mercedes: She has grown up so much this past year! She started Preschool and is LOVING school! She is thriving in reading and spelling, too! She blows us away!! She is such a joy and is a wonderful big sister! Every time we drive by the Children's Recovery Center, she always yells out “Bye Meesters!! I love you!!” She's made many friends at CRC; patients, siblings of patients, and staff included! The therapists say she's going to be some sort of Therapist when she grows up! =) She loves going to church and is so excited to go to Sunday School and her love for God grows each day. She is also quite the prayer warrior! She prays for Mia to get better so she can live at home with us as often as she thinks about it – which is several times a day!
Mia: What an incredible little girl our Mia is!! I have tears in my eyes just thinking about the miracle she is!! She has improved so much this past year – and is SO big now!! I can't believe she's going to be 2 years old already!! She loves music and will “sing” whenever the Music Therapist starts singing and playing guitar! As soon as the music stops, Mia stops. It's so cute! She is also quite active and rolls from side to side now... very fast! Developmentally, she has also drastically improved! Just in April, she was “scoring” in the 0-4 month range mostly and in November, she's mostly scored in the 9-12 month range!! She is still 100% ventilator dependent, but she is breathing much more on her own than she was a year ago. She is very slowly being weaned from the vent settings and we continue praying for her health and development!
Our daily life is extremely challenging, but there are so many more families with even bigger challenges. We are so blessed to serve the Creator of the universe, Who made of each and every one of us! Remember the reason we celebrate Christmas – the Savior of the world, Jesus Christ, was born to die to save us all from our sins so we can spend eternity in Heaven with Him!
Blessed,
The Adamis Family
Thank you for posting this! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas & Happy New Year :)
Dear Rachael,
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to drop a note to say how much you and your heart bless me.
I can only imagine what life must be for you and all the complications that don't figure in to the normal sphere of perspective, but wow! I just thank the Lord for you guys taking one step at a time and one day at a time, and probably lots of moments one at a time too.
I hope Mia can come home one day.
I'll trust the Lord with you:-)
Loads of love,
Analene