We're all moved in now!! And can I say... massive garage sale?? haha We have so much stuff we don't want or need - it's crazy!! Of course, since the Military was moving us and they pay by the pound, we didn't have an incentive to get rid of anything. Good that we got paid for the weight, but total bummer that we have to go through everything now to get rid of it. =)
My in-laws drove the first load of our things on Saturday morning, then when Mercedes and I arrived, in parents-in-law; Robert; and Isaac already had almost everything unloaded. Two of my friends came to help unload, but the truck arrived about 3 hours earlier than we had originally planned, but at least they were able to help Robert and Isaac with the table saw! =)
While they went back up to Chico to bring back the second (at least) load, Mercedes and I went for a drive to find Target (which I never found because I didn't read the directions correctly) and got to know Arden street VERY well! :-P We found what we needed at a different store, though! Renee was coming up to help with the second load and when she got off the freeway, I just happened to be 3 cars behind her! She was able just to follow me to the house instead of bother with directions, so that was pretty handy! =)
Renee was a HUGE help with hanging up the hardware for the curtains in all of the rooms. I definitely need to build more arm strength! heehee
Our next door neighbor, Chris, was very kind in letting us fill up some buckets for water so we could at least flush the toilets (because our water turned off on Friday - it turned back on today.) =) Mercedes has been so used to flushing the toilet after she's done using it that I kept scaring her when I'd tell her not to flush! "Mercedes, NO!! Don't flush it!!" That was pretty funny. =)
Mercedes LOVES her new house!! She's so excited!! I got her bed set up and she was having a blast in her bedroom. =) After I tucked her into bed, she called me back into her room and she told me "Mommy, now Baby Mia has to come in an ambulance to our new house in Las Vegas!" I thought that was so sweet that she knows Mia belongs at home. =) She's still confused about what city our new house is in, though. =) She thinks Sacramento and San Jose are buildings, I think. So she keeps saying our new house is in Las Vegas. =)
Mercedes did NOT want to go back to San Jose! She was so sad to get our things packed into the car again. She keeps asking when we're going to go back to our new house. She says "I wuv my new house! I wuv my room!"
Tomorrow Mercedes sees the allergist for the first time. Pray, because they're going to attempt to give her the seasonal flu shot. She's never ever had one before because of her egg allergy (the vaccine is egg-based.) Mercedes is terrified of doctors, and she's actually going to get stuck, so it's not going to be a good experience. Even if she just gets her feelings hurt, she'll work herself up so much that she'll end up throwing up from crying. So, please pray!!! Her appointment is at 10:00am PST.
Mia is doing really well! Oh my goodness she's so beautiful!! =) They weaned her by one breath today, so now she's set to 22 bpm and she's usually breathing anywhere from 22-35bpm, so a little above the vent! We're very excited! =) She's doing so well in her physical therapy, too. I need to take a video of it one of these times... she really enjoys her tummy time and is doing REALLY well bobbing her head around. It used to just hang and she was so weak that she couldn't even move it. Now she's moving it all over!! She's so much stronger!! =) Keep praying for her!!
As for me, for whatever reason, I can actually smell!!! For those of you who don't know me very well, I've had 3 sinus surgeries and have been feeling miserable for about 6 years. Always congested, always sound like I'm sick, but it's just me. My sinuses are abnormally small and other crazy stuff going on in there, so it's just soooo strange and wonderful that I've been able to smell for about 3 weeks now!!! I'm trying not to be negative about it, but man, it was a whole lot easier when I couldn't smell when I was cleaning the kitty litter box! heehee I'm just sooo grateful I can smell!! I'm not sure why it's changed all of a sudden, but I'm glad it has. Keep my health in prayer, too. I'm also going to see the allergist soon at some point. I'm basically allergic to everything environmentally, just very mildly. Medicines don't work, so, we'll see what happens!
Robert and I are heading for Vegas on Friday and will be there until Wednesday, the latest. We'll be there to fix up the house and get it ready for renters. Lord willing, we'll be able to rent it out! Pray for our protection driving out there and back!
Again, I haven't transfered the pictures off of the camera yet, but I will soon! =)
Love to you all,
Rachael <3
Monday, November 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment