I called CRC this morning to see how Mia was doing. The first co2 reading was 49. I called two hours later and talked to the charge nurse. She said around 9am, Mia's co2 was 67. Brandon, one of my favorite RT's, decided to think outside the box... he elevated the foot of Mia's bed so she was more or less upside down and he turned her to one side. He suctioned her trach, then he turned her over to the other side and suctioned again. What he's doing is draining her lungs! Her co2 is now at 30 and 32!!! Praise the Lord!! =) That was about an hour ago, so we'll see if that's the trick to getting her better.
Mia has had an appointment to see a Pulmonologist at Stanford and it's scheduled for tomorrow. I'm not sure if she'll be stable enough to go by ambulance to the appointment, but we'll find out more tomorrow.
On totally different topic, here's a video of the changes we've made to our Vegas house throughout the years.
I'll keep you updated as much as possible.
Keep praying!
Rachael
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hope Mia gets much, much better! Love the improvements that Robert, you, and others have made on the house. It looks spectaular!
ReplyDelete