Sorry to not have updated in a while - we're all doing fine!! Just the typical busy days. I did, however, add pictures to my facebook album of Mia's birthday party from February 13th! To those of you who came, thank you so much!! It was nice to see everybody - and even have several meet Mia for the very first time!! =) You can view those pictures here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=153138&id=614762171&l=2ddf62981c (They will look like all the same pictures since it's the same album I've been showing, but just go to the next pages and you'll see the new ones.) =)I haven't really mentioned myself lately - I've been doing great, but you'll see in the pictures that's I've chopped my hair off!! While Mercedes and I were in Sacramento last, we took a drive up to Chico so I could get my hair done and it was a great excuse for Mercedes to spend time with her Grandma at her house for a change, and also to see her Great-Grandpa!
I also saw another allergist about a month ago (I hadn't been tested since being in Vegas about 2 years ago.). This testing wasn't so great - they pricked my back around 96 times, then weren't sure about 8 of them, then used needles to do 8 further testings on my arm. The back testing was only itchy, didn't hurt, though. The arm testing was a tad painful because they had to use needles. Turns out I'm allergic to quite a bit of things - just very mildly. Aside from trees, grasses, weeds, molds, dust, etc, that I knew I was allergic to, I'm allergic to dogs, cats, horses, rabbits, hamsters and cockroaches. I'm soo bummed I can't have a pet cockroach now!! ;-) I knew I was allergic to cats when I got my Willow, but I didn't care. =) I figured I was miserable anyway, what was another allergy going to add? =)
I began allergy shots 4 weeks ago and different allergy and asthma meds (now I have only 1 inhaler that I forget to take instead of 2. haha) I've actually been better at remembering to take the medicine and I'm not sure why, but even a few days before I saw the allergist, I was finally able to smell things again! The majority of the last 5 years I haven't been able to smell - I could smell during the pregnancies, then right after my sinus surgeries, but then it'd go away for usually like 8 months at a time. I was able to smell for about 2 months, then I got a cold in November and it went away again. I'm so glad I can smell again!! I hope it keeps up - although it is a blessing and a curse at times!! There are a a LOT of bad smells in this world, but it's great to be able to smell sweet things - like when I'm cuddling with my girls and they're so nice and clean and Mia just smells beautiful like Mia and Mercedes smells wonderful like Mercedes!! =)
Another thing that I'd love prayer for is an upcoming surgery. I need to have an umbilical hernia repaired. I knew I had one - I noticed it when I was about 6 months pregnant with Mia. As you know, I got HUGE with Mia, but thankfully, the hernia didn't grow too much. The doctor says it will be a quick 30 minute surgery and it won't require any mesh. He says the repair shouldn't tear with any other pregnancies, if that time comes. My surgery date is March 25th.
Mia is doing pretty good - they're weaning her vent settings down a little bit. Her Co2 is a little higher than is typical for her, but it's still considered in the normal range. She's been really sleepy lately, so I don't know if maybe it could be the weather, or maybe it's just that the Co2 is a bit higher. Continue to pray for her!
I need to get ready to see my baby now. =)
If you know you're on the guest list to visit Mia (as of last summer), you're able to visit again! Mia can have two visitors (+ Mommy and Daddy), so come visit! I think visiting hours are basically from about 11am until 8pm. Let me know ahead of time - I'd love to visit with you, too!! =)
God bless you all,
Rachael <3
Fantastic news all around!!! I love your new hairstyle. ;) I'm growing mine out, and you chop yours off. LOL
ReplyDeletePrayers for your suregery, and of course for Mia and your fam. :o) When we move this summer we will be driving through your neck of the woods, so we just might be able to come visit!!