Happy 1st birthday to our precious little Mia Amore!!I can't believe how big she is.... Mom and I measured her yesterday and she's grown almost 10 inches and has gained about 12 pounds since birth!!
She's developing great and it's so cute to see her pray with her little Seahorse, her Slinky and her little Beanie Baby skunk called Skunkers. When I lean over her when she's in bed, she loves getting her fingers caught in my bangs - it's so cute!! I'm keeping my bangs long so she can do that!! She's really reaching for things now - toys hanging from her toy bar, people's faces, she loves admiring her hands and grabbing her nose. =)
Mia kept losing weight, so last week they increased her calorie intake and she STILL lost weight!! She's getting so much more active, so I think she's burning her calories quickly - which is wonderful! Hopefully they'll increase her calories again.
Normally, when she gets her blood drawn (which is on average 3 -5 times a month) she just lays there. One of the charge nurses who is a pro at getting Mia's vein without having to poke around to find it was telling me the other day that Mia is now kicking her legs pretty hard fighting because of the discomfort and pain!!! With any other child, it's not a big deal because they do that anyway, but with Mia, we are SOOO happy that she's strong enough to fight now!!
Everybody has noticed (even Dr. Silva!!) that Mia is so much more active, which is making her so much stronger! All of her moves are no longer just floppy movements - they are so precise and purposeful. Everything she touches is for a reason; whenever she moves her head, it's for a reason - I love it!!
I'll need to add a TON of pictures both on a blog and on Facebook because I am soo behind and there are so many cute pictures and videos!! I really wish they had an internet connection at CRC that families could use - I could probably blog at least every other day give all the amazing updates for Mia!
God is good, though this is very challenging, He never fails us!
Please keep Mia in your prayers, as always, but especially today at 1:02pm as we will be praying over her.
Here are some specific prayer requests for Mia:
Here are some specific prayer requests for Mia:
- Healing of/from: brain abnormalities
- Low muscle tone
- Strength in her lungs
- Seizures (seems like she's having some small ones again)
- Tight jaw
- Not being able to swallow consistently at all
- Her physical therapy/occupational therapy/developmental therapy
- Beginning to taste other things (She tasted her first Gummy Worm!)
Thank you so much for praying for us!
We love you all dearly - thank you so much for your support!
In His love,
Rachael for Robert, Mercedes and Mia
We love you all dearly - thank you so much for your support!
In His love,
Rachael for Robert, Mercedes and Mia
Happy Birthday Mia!!!!! You are getting to be such a big girl now, and we are so impressed and grateful with your progress. Now, you can give Moriah a little push when she comes on too strong...rolling with the big girls =)
ReplyDeleteI am there for the prayers today!
Lots of love,
Victoria
Happy B-day Mia I miss you so much and can't wait to see you again. Your such a big girl. Love you and miss you guys. Love Rosie
ReplyDelete