Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Can't believe it...

I'm still in shock that it's been almost been a whole year since our precious Mia was born!! Her birthday is next Thursday, February 4th!

You'd think I'd have somewhat of a schedule or something organized in my life... it's crazy that I hardly have time to come online to update the blog!! Then, whenever I do blog (like today), none of the pictures of videos I want to put on here are on the computer yet. Today's post will most likely be another picture-less blog. Sorry!! I haven't even posted pictures to Facebook since August, I think! I've been terrible in that area. So much for good intentions! =)

Everything is going great - our Cortez family grew! Last Wednesday, my brother Robert and sister in law Jen and nieces Arianna (4) and Caitlin (2 1/2) welcomed little Elijah Benjamin into the world! They had another planned home birth, but this time Jen wanted a water birth - which went beautifully! I missed Arianna's birth by around 3 days and Mercedes and I missed Caitlin's birth by 4 hours because I had to fly out from Las Vegas for both. I was SO excited to be in the area this time to witness Elijah's birth!! He was also a surprise (they've never known the gender of their babies until they were born). He is the first boy in my side of the family, so we are ALL thrilled and still can't believe it! We're so used to girls!! =) It's a fun change! He was born just before midnight and weighed 6lbs 5 oz and was 19'' long! So tiny, but still bigger than Mia was at birth!

Mia is doing great as well! She got her first hair cut on Sunday!! I just trimmed her bangs - she looks even cuter - if that's possible!! =) She's so much more interactive now and LOVES her Slinky!! =) It's too cute!

Be praying for Mia - her surgery for getting the tubes inserted in her ears will be on Friday, February 5th at Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (by Stanford). It should be a short procedure, but they'll also be doing a few other things as well as a hearing test since she'll be out anyway. Robert and I will be hanging out waiting during the surgery, but then she'll be taken back to CRC later that day. I'm sure family will be visiting her then. =)

Oh, that is another new thing! They finally semi-lifted the visiting restrictions! Now 2 people can visit Mia at a time AND just last week, they're now allowing siblings to visit! Mercedes is SO excited to FINALLY go in Mia's room again!! Every time I'd take her to see Mia through the window, she'd always say "I want to go in Mia's room. I'm not sick." She's very happy to be there - and the staff is glad to see Cedes again! =)

One request I do have is that you'd join us in prayer for Mia on her birthday (like we did when she was 2 weeks old).
Pray for Mia's health, healing, life, etc on Thursday, February 4th @ 1:02pm PST


Thank you!

I'll add pictures, etc SOON!! =)

Rachael <3

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about Mia the other day and realizing that her birthday is coming up; amazing! She's getting so big all of a sudden. I was noticing pictures on Facebook and couldn't get over what a big girl she is!

    Thanks for sharing about Jen's labor! I've been dying to hear how things went and how she liked the water birth. That's excellent!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, Mia! We are continuing to keep her in prayer and your precious family as well.

    ReplyDelete