Saturday, January 16, 2010

Long time to not update... =)

Hi Everyone,

Not all of you knew (unless you saw my post on Facebook) that Mia was sick while we were in Sacramento.

A few of the kids (about 5 out of the 25) in the front group at CRC got some sort of virus. They all had diarrhea. Most of them have had a surgery so they can't throw up (so they don't aspirate with their trach), so we're not sure if their stomachs were hurting, but those who were sick had to go on lockdow (can't leave their rooms). Everybody had to gown up, wear gloves and a mask) and it seemed to work, because once everybody started doing that, it didn't spread to any of the other kids, which is wonderful! =)

Mia started with her sickness on January 5th and was on full strength Pedialyte. When she'd start getting better, they'd switch to to 50%/50% formula and Pedialyte. Her diapers looked better, then they'd get bad again, so she went back and forth 50/50 to full strength Pedialyte for a while. I finally saw Mia after my side of the family celebrated our Christmas with my siblings and my brother's family on the 9th. I must have gotten a little too close at some point even though I was gowned up and everything (or else I just got it from somewhere else), because I was sick from Sunday until almost totally better by Wednesday evening.

She finally came out of her lockdown yesterday!!! We are so happy and I bet she is soo happy to finally get out of her bedroom! =) It's great not having to gown up anymore, too. =)

I'm off to visit her right now, but I'm going to leave you with a picture my Mom took with her cell phone the other night when she was visiting. I can't believe how long Mia's hair is!! =)

Continue to pray for Mia's healing... I'll write another detailed update with Mia's improvements soon. Life is so crazy busy.... I had to MAKE myself write this right now! =)

Rachael <3

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that everyone is feeling better. Mia looks a bit like Cedes. She's not really a baby anymore, she's a big girl!
    Still praying for you guys!!
    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update. I've been praying for Mia to get over her virus quick! Glad you're feeling better too. I love the picture you posted - her hair is getting really long!
    Alane

    ReplyDelete