Thursday, April 22, 2010

A short update!

Hi everybody,

Sorry I haven't been posting updates this past month. Definitely wasn't intentional - life has been so busy lately.

Mia is doing very well! About two weeks ago she was able to be on just room air (21%, what we breathe - no additional oxygen!) this past week, she's been needing 0.5 liter (23%) to stay stable, but that's definitely not much to be requiring. =)

She's improving so much more - while I was in Sacramento all last week (from Monday-Monday) my Mom was able to get the paci in Mia's mouth and Mia actually allowed her to get it in!! Because of it, her jaw has loosened up even more!! Whenever we can and when she seems up to it, we also give her a lollipop to lick and taste. She loves it! She tries so hard to grab the stick and put it in her mouth herself. It's really sweet seeing her so active!

Mercedes is doing great, too! She's such a great big sister and has now learned how to suction Mia's mouth and nose with Mommy's supervision! It's really cute!! She sees Mia starting to bubble or drool and she says "I want to suction!!" Mercedes is also no longer needing diapers at night! She's been waking up dry for a few months, anyway, so while we were in Sacramento, I decided just to keep her in her normal "chonies" and see how she did. She's been doing great every day!

The main reason for this update is that Mia sees the neurologist tomorrow morning - April 23rd. Please pray for her! I'm not really sure what exactly what to expect or what we should be hoping for, but I guess we'll find out in the morning!

I'll update again tomorrow or Saturday!

The picture was taken by Robert's sister, Katie Watkins, the day before Easter during their visit with Mia. =) Never knew right in front of Mia's crib could be so beautiful! =) Thank you for taking the pictures, Katie!!

Rachael

1 comment:

  1. Great!!!! Praise God!!! He is so good and wonderful!!! We will be praying!!!

    ReplyDelete