Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Still doing good...

Mia is still doing pretty good... she'd been a little sleepier since about Saturday and a little less active and she kept rubbing her face and doing other things that made me realize she wasn't feeling as great as she had been a few days before. I noticed more drainage from her ears, but didn't really think too much of it since that's been happening off and on since getting the tubes in almost 2 months ago.

But I just kept watching Mia and knew she wasn't feeling well. I told Monday's evening nurse about more drainage from her ears, so he told the charge, but the charge just said to make a note of it. (Whenever I saw the drainage, the nurses couldn't - bad lighting or whatever. It was strange how I could and then she'd look ok when they'd check just seconds later.)

Yesterday morning, Amy (one of our favorite nurses) had her yesterday morning and I told her about the drainage. She told me that she didn't see any, but that she'll tell Dr. Silva when he came in, and she did. He checked on her before he left in the afternoon and sure enough - she has a double ear infection. They're assuming that it's just from her having pneumonia and it didn't quite clear out - just moved north. =) I'm so glad Amy trusted me and told Dr. Silva even though she herself didn't see anything! Now they know I don't make stuff up!! =) (Not that they really think that or anything....) =) So they started her on antibiotic drops for her ears for 10 days.

Other than that, we've been doing well. It's been great being able to have Mercedes and Mia together again! They are really enjoying being with each other - it's really cute to see that!

Mia is getting very interactive with toys! She loves light-up ones and is trying to figure out how to make the lights turn on. =) It's really sweet!

Mia has been seen by an Early Interventionist (Early Start - school/therapy/etc) and had her 6 month check up to make sure she still qualifies for the program. Because of her delays, and the fact that she is improving, she does! When she started in September, she was basically scored at 0 months or under. Six months later, I'm happy to say that she's 0 months in a few things, but in a few she's 3 months and a few others, she's 5 months!!! =) She was scored a month ago, so she's even improved more since then - we're all very happy of her progress! Keep praying for Mia! =)

Robert had a Spring Break trip to Vandenberg AFB near San Luis Obispo, CA, so he and another Capt. chaperoned around 35 ROTC students. They went in a charter bus - I assume it went well. They left Friday morning and got back last night. Robert should be coming down to San Jose today and will be here until Tuesday morning. That will be nice! I know he's excited to see his girls and to see how well Mia is doing now! He hasn't seen her since the 2nd day she was in the PICU almost 2 weeks ago.

Have a wonderful Resurrection Day on Sunday! =)

Rachael

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad she's still doing well! these pictures of the girls are adorable! Wow... such precious captured moments.

    ReplyDelete