Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Finally - a blog update!

Whenever I have a few minutes, I typically just update using my Facebook status because it's so much faster. But at the same time, I can't be very detailed in a status. =)

Mia is doing a lot better. As of Sunday, the pneumonia is gone, but the infection and other hospital bugs (MSRA and another stronger bug) still remain. On Monday, Dr. Silva came back on his rotation and said he wanted to be a lot more aggressive to get rid of the bugs, so he started her on steroids to help with the inflammation in her lungs, then changed one of her antibiotics from IV to an inhaled treatment to help kill the germs in the trach itself as well as just getting the drug deeper in and throughout her lungs.

Mia has been so perky and happy, but very bored here in the PICU! She definitely loves watching TV, so that's good - at least something is holding her attention! We finally got some snuggle time in yesterday for about an hour!! Wow.. after a week of not holding her, I've discovered something. MIA IS HEAVY!! haha My arm was killing me!! =) Then I went home and held Mercedes - and boy is SHE heavy!! =) I can't believe how big my girls are!

Mia will be going back to CRC today after 5:00pm. I will go over there to pick up an RT so they can either get Mia's settings just right on the different vent, or they will just bag her all the way over to CRC. We learned the first time she was in the PICU for pneumonia on July that AMR can't get her settings just right - and the RT's here at the PICU don't know the vents work that they use at CRC. I asked if they could simply get an RT from CRC who knows those vents inside and out to just take her back, so that's what they ended up doing in July, December and now this time. =) I'm very happy about that!

Mia is definitely ready to go back! It'll be a little different, because this time they are leaving the central line IV in until the remainder of the antibiotic course (up to a few weeks, I think). It'll just be one more tube to keep an eye out for, but all in all, it'll be great to be back "home". I'm so glad our favorite nurses were here taking care of Mia while she's been in the PICU. We love Angela, "little" Donna and Ron! =) We're going to miss them!

Mia did get an MRI done I think it was last Friday. Dr. Silva didn't really have too much to say about it, but he's going to send it to a neurosurgeon at Stanford to get his opinion to see if there will even need to be a course of action. I'm not sure when we'll hear anything back from that.

I think that's about it... I'll leave you with a few videos from the last few days. =)

Thank you so much for praying! Since we'll be leaving the PICU, I won't be able to update the blog or Facebook quite as often as I had been since we don't have internet access at CRC. Hopefully I'll make time when I get home to get on to update, but I know myself - it doesn't happen like I want it to! Updating once a week is a miracle! =)

Yesterday morning:


Yesterday afternoon:

Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment