Monday, March 1, 2010

Praise God!!

Hi All,

I woke up to a phone call from Mia's night shift nurse yesterday morning saying that Mia had 1 bad diaper on the pm shift and 3 on her shift. I called the morning nurse before we left for church she said Mia had another two bad diapers on her shift already. Thankfully, her Co2 was pretty good!

After church, I called again, and Mia's nurse answered the phone. When I said who I was, she sighed really deeply and said "Oh thank God - I needed to call you." I wanted to know what happened!!! Just 10 minutes before I called, the nurse walked in to check on Mia and she said Mia was beet red and sweating, so they took her temp and it was 102.5!!!! =( My poor baby! They have her Motrin right away, then the CNA gave her a bath, put a cool dress on her and kept a cool towel on Mia's forehead. When I got to Mia's about an hour later, I prayed over her and when they checked her temp again, it had gone down to 100.0, then about an hour later, it went up to 100.4, so they piggy backed her with Tylenol. I kept praying over my baby and thankfully she was wide away the entire time I was with her! That was really special for me. =)

Being that it was Rotavirus, they highly encouraged us not to let Mercedes come visit, so Robert dropped me off at Mia's after church and he spent time with Cedes for the afternoon. It was just me and Mia in the room laying on the floor spending time together - occasionally watching Sprout (a cute TV station kind of like PBS), but mostly just looking at each other and talking and praying. =) She dozed off just once for about 2 minutes, but she was just so wide awake - which was wonderful!!

One HUGE accomplishment that Mia did yesterday (for the first time that I've seen) is she FINALLY got her thumb in her mouth!!! She's never been able to open her mouth wide enough to get her fingers in, but she's doing it now!! I've noticed that her tongue is also getting a lot stronger. It used to be so skinny and tiny, but she's working it more and it's getting fatter - like a normal looking tongue!! I'm so proud of her!!

Keep praying for her entire body - but one main thing is that her jaw will loosen up so she can one day use it to eat, etc. Especially since she's getting more teeth - having room for them to grow in would be very nice!!

I just called a bit ago to see how Mia's doing and her temps have been 97.? since around 9pm last night, no more loose stools since 4pm yesterday (she had about 9 in 12 hours). Mia's Co2's have been in the low 30's to 40's, so hopefully they can start weaning her back to her rate of 22bpm - they had to raise it to 26bpm Friday night.

Keep praying!

Christina and Kenny - thank you for the outfit you sent to Mia about a year ago - she's wearing one of the dresses in the picture above for the very first time!! It's adorable! =)

Rachael <3

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord her fever went down!!!! Rachael, I'm doing my best to remember to pray for YOU as well. I don't know how I would be coping with this. I have so many ladies (in trials like these) tell me that they appreciate prayer for themselves, because they also didn't know how they'd cope with these things and that GOD makes it possible. So, dear sister, I'm praying lots and lots for you :)

    I love the dress on Mia and I totally love that she sucked her thumb!!!
    What a big girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Welcome! She looks gorgeous in it!!! Glad to hear things are getting better.

    ReplyDelete