Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Video of Mia from earlier today ...

Update: Dr. Silva came to CRC just before midnight and checked the xray. Her left lung is really bad, and Mia wasn't tolerating being on the vent anymore. She couldn't hold her oxygen levels at all. She was desatting while being bagged with 10 liters of oxygen! She's normally satting anywhere from 97%-100% on just .5 liters. Joe, her night RT had been bagging her for about 2 hours by the time the paramedics and firemen arrived. Mia was requiring an albutertol treatment every hour to keep her co2's down - even then, they would be in the upper 50's, then 20 minutes later, they'd go right back up to the high 70's, as high as mid 90's!!

Even though we'd prefer Mia to stay at CRC, there was nothing else they could do for her. She definitely needed to be moved to the PICU. We arrived here at Good Sam just after midnight. Thankfully we only had to be in the ER for about 20 minutes before heading up to the PICU.

They finally have her stable on the vent here, but on 100% oxygen and she's satting low on that (90%).

Be praying - she's really not looking good this time. We just found out yesterday morning she has pneumonia and I'm surprised at how quickly she's taken a turn for the worse.

Enjoy the cute video below from around noon this afternoon (or yesterday? Tuesday.) =)

I'll update as often as I can, primarily on Facebook, though, so if you have it, add me or keep checking my page.

Serving an awesome God,
Rachael <3

If you have are opening this in your email, go to the blog site to view the video.



3 comments:

  1. We're still praying! This video is a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e!! I love how she was grabbing your nose and it was like she knew you thought it was funny :)
    SO precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're prayering for you too. You're perseverance is very encouraging. And so is that song in the backround! Keep on keepin' on!

    Claire prays for baby Mia often and she's never met her. We don't even need to remind her. God's put a little spot in her heat for baby Mia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, sorry I didn't check here first! I asked a redundant ? on Facebook...sorry! Glad to hear that she's still hanging in there. You know that all of your friends are praying, and we love you guys. Take good care of yourself and get well soon. :o) I'm glad Robert is there with you.

    ReplyDelete