Mia has been diagnosed with pneumonia, strep and MSRA. They found out about MSRA yesterday, so they changed one of the two antibiotics so they'd be more effective.
It's Dr. Smyklo's rotation now (she's actually a doctor who covers at CRC when Dr. Silva is out of town, so she kinda knows Mia, too.) and she was able to get a central line IV (more permanent around the diaper area), so they were able to remove the IV on Mia's hand.
Mia will be having an MRI of her head/brain this afternoon around 3pm, so please be praying for that. I have been very adamant about getting this MRI for a while because the one they've been going off of was taken when she was only 1 day old. I personally want to know if her brain growth has progressed at all. I know developmentally, she's doing SO many new things, but I'm just very curious. Plus, one of the neurologists from Children's Hospital Oakland said she should get another MRI when she's around 12-18 months old and she's almost 13 1/2 months now.
Mia also hasn't had a BM in over 2 days - even with a total of 3 suppositories. I'm sure that's adding to her discomfort. Be praying that she'll stay regular as well. She typically is.
Robert left for Sacramento last night to get some vital work done for the semester. Depending on how Mia is doing (if she continues to slowly improve) he's going to work over the weekend and the regular work week next week, then he has a trip going to Vandenberg AFB near San Luis Obispo, CA, so we might not see him until the 30th or the 3rd depending on if he has to go straight back to work after the trip.
Mia shared the love with me, so now I'm pretty sick. Cold and chest congestion - I can't imagine how she feels especially because, for me, it's taking so much effort to cough it up. She can't take deep breaths to cough it out. Now I know why she got so bad SO fast! It's only been 2 days for me and I feel terrible. Pray that it clears out of me quickly because I'm supposed to be having my hernia surgery next Thursday and we all know I wouldn't want to be coughing after that! My hernia is starting to hurt, though, with all the coughing I have been doing. =/
I
I will keep you posted on here every day or so, but Facebook, I'm updating my status every hour or so.
Trusting God,
Rachael
No comments:
Post a Comment