Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Adamis family update

Hi everybody!

Sorry it's been so long since I last blogged...

Here I thought when Mia would be in Campbell, I'd have so much more free time! Turns out I hardly have any time - I hadn't been on Facebook or checked my email in a week!! Robert's in town, too, so it makes things a little more busy as well.

It's been nice be together again as a family! On Thursday, Robert arrived and then we went to visit Mia - he says she's grown so much in the 5 weeks he had been away!! That evening, we took Mercedes to Golfland for the first time and she did did pretty good ..... for the first 2 holes. After that, she decided she didn't want to do it anymore until the last hole. =) She had fun walking around with her club up her sleeve (in lieu of actually holding it) following Robert and I around as we played. =)



Robert and I had a great anniversary! We started the day up in Sacramento looking at several houses, then headed to San Francisco for the night. We stayed at a hotel very close to Union Square, so we went out for dinner to The Cheesecake Factory (of course!!) at 10:30pm!! It was so busy (and we were so hungry) that we opted to eat outside on the balcony. It's about 6 stories up, so it was VERY windy and the heat lamps didn't do much!! But the food and company was great. That's all that counts! =) The following day we went for a walk around Golden Gate Park, then headed back to San Jose to watch Up, then went to visit with Mia. It was a good weekend. =)

Another fun thing that happened this week was we got a kitten!!! My friends cat had kittens, so I've had this little guy "reserved" for a couple of weeks.... I just didn't exactly know how to tell Robert I had gotten the cat! haha I figured he wouldn't have a problem with it, but of course, I wasn't sure... so I got a wallet-sized picture made of the kitty, framed it and gave him a card when I picked him up from the airport along with the gift (picture)... it didn't take him too long to put it together!! I said "Happy anniversary!!" :-D He was totally fine with it, much to my relief!! So picked up our little boy on Sunday. =) Meet our 9 week old little Willow!

Mia's been pretty good for the most part. Yesterday wasn't the greatest - she had several desats and everybody was a little unsure of the source. I happen to think it's because she needs to get her trach changed, but we'll see. She was doing better today, so we were VERY happy to see that! It's been great having her so close, but especially because now Mercedes can visit with her, too!


Mia's been getting physical therapy done every morning and so far I've only been able to be there for one session. Scott is trying to get her to roll over and giving her tummy time so she can strengthen her neck muscles. She is doing better, but it's going to take some time and a lot of effort.


Continue to pray for our family! Robert has now heard that it might take another 4 weeks before we get orders, so pray for patients for all of us! God's timing is always perfect - it's easy to forget that at times. We're going to be looking at around a dozen houses tomorrow in Sacramento again, so pray that if it's God's will for us to purchase, pray that the right house will stay available until we get orders!

Also, continue praying for Mia's healing; breathing on her own; learning how to suck and swallow; strength in her muscles; etc. It's amazing how she's talking above her trach! I love having this little air leak because it's allowing air to move past the trach onto her vocal cords so she can make sounds! It's so adorable! =) Continue to pray for my milk supply as well so I can keep up with how much milk Mia is requiring. So far so good.... =)

Also pray for Mercedes - she's been such a trooper with everything that has been going on these past 4 months and through it all, she's generally very happy, content and obedient. She is starting to become a little disrespectful to her parents, so we're working on that. Pray that she will choose to have the right attitude! =)

Thank you so much for praying!!

I will have a request for those of you who are praying for Mia, but I'll mention it in a blog soon to follow.

Blessed,
Mia's Mommy <3 onblur="try {parent.deselectBloggerImageGracefully();} catch(e) {}" href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj1_2Wx2TxSFt6guTVqD1uIMNLvRq1MR0pNAxZQ98GpFbGyWoJVSdOS6We3-Vl1sTGn5MqJNo1K1EkmN1A-f8frijysjQIFUlw_nLQrjHMElBsJ08oXhCRiYaQM84vj7ByX3eFqrQRFCnE/s1600-h/CIMG9047.JPG">

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear all is going well, and that Robert is there with you guys. :o) Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete