The CRC is very nice and the staff are all so sweet and the kids are adorable! Mia has a roommate - Sophia. She's 18 months old and loves to smile! Her former 2 year old roommate loved SpongeBob, so now Sophia gets so excited when she hears the theme song! She was watching it this afternoon when Mercedes came to visit Mia, so Cedes was a little distracted! =) It's so cute seeing Mercedes with Mia... she walks in and uses the sweetest voice and says "Awww, baby Mia Amornay is so dute!!" (Her "c"'s are "d"'s)
Back to yesterday... I drove up right before Mia did and there were my parents, sister and Mercedes waiting for her arrival along with a dear old friend, Kerry, who couldn't miss this big event!! It was such a sweet surprise to see her!! I don't even remember how many years it's been!
Today was the first time that I actually felt like I had two daughters. It was a different feeling! I've really only been a mother to them one at a time, but this time they were together! It was really nice! =) Seeing them side by side, I now see that they DO resemble each other!
Tomorrow Robert arrives for the weekend to see us and we're also going away for a day for our wedding anniversary! It's been 5 weeks since he's seen us girls, so it's definitely going to be nice! Mia has changed so much and is doing many more things now - even Mercedes is talking SO much more! Some of the words she says amazes me because I've hardly seen her these past 16 weeks! I think we're going to take Mercedes mini-golfing tomorrow night. She's never been and I've never gone with Robert, either! So that'll be lots of fun. =)
Well, I wanted to be asleep 2 hours ago, so I need to get to bed. Some of the pictures I wanted to add need to be rotated and the computer isn't letting me do that now, so I'll have to add them later on.
Continue praying for Mia!
With love,
Rachael <3 style="cursor: pointer; width: 320px; height: 214px;" src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgdt9MjDiAyycStIJjEt9LdypzB7dDQkPIYr4ut-PrI3K3ej_VPe2I9V39YW_4_mugjmyHnn0ZL_5w8JTRxkZC3UC6lXurhyphenhyphentelyc4Vdr_69DgSeuFl-RaYFTxkDqR7fhKX6qa2gh43CPg/s320/CIMG8918.JPG" alt="" id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5340763462571771570" border="0">
Praise the Lord for Mia's safe transfer and adjustment to the Children's Recovery Center! It sounds like a great environment. I love all the pictures...what a sweet and loving big sister Mercedes is. Still praying!
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
Alane
I am so glad all is going well and that the transfer finally happened! I'm also glad you get some time together this weekend. I struggle being apart from Matt when he's gone for 5 days at his conferences. I can't even imagine 5 weeks. Still praying!
ReplyDelete