Well, just as I expected, authorization wasn't obtained for Mia to be transferred to Children's Recovery Center. I had a feeling that would happen since we found out on Friday that the bed was going to be available and progress can't really be made over the weekend. There have been lots of phone calls from me, Robert, Marla at CRC and Linda at Children's Hospital Oakland all to each other and to the insurance company. Of all times, Mia's case manager went on vacation, but neglected to tell us about it, so it's kind of stalled things even more. Marla said that she has a feeling all of this could be resolved within 24 hours, but we'll see! We've been waiting 8 weeks to get to CRC, what's a few more days?? =)
We had a deadline of 9:30am to let the transport team know whether or not they're taking Mia, so when we got our answer, I called the hospital to let Mia's nurse know that I would be visiting later in the afternoon just so I can stay here at the house to get phone calls made if I needed to. The nurse said that Mia just got out of the bath tub and was all squeaky clean to be moved today!! Poor baby! She was getting all dressed with no where to go! =) But that's okay... she'll just look beautiful for her Mommy!! =) She loves her bath tub baths... she especially loves getting the shampoo massaged on her head!
I'll be updating you all as soon as we have a clue as to what's going on!
Oh... another thing that we thought was for sure is that we're most likely not being moved to Beale AFB! We actually don't know where we're going... we're still waiting for orders. Robert was suggested jobs teaching ROTC at Berkeley or Sacramento, but he'd have to apply and be accepted, and we've heard that can be a long process. We don't know what God's plan is for Robert's job, but we're continuing to trust Him! You can keep that in your prayers, too. =)
One day at a time.... =)
Hope all you mothers had a wonderful Mother's Day yesterday! I sure did! =) I'll add pictures later on...
Rachael <3
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are praying for you! I was really hoping she would be transfered today so hopefully everything will work out and you will be there in a couple of days.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Katie
Hi Uncle Robert,Aunt Rachel,Mercedes,and Mia I am praying for you I hope that Mia gets Transfered I will keep praying for you all the time I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH Love Cousin Rosie
ReplyDelete