Monday, May 25, 2009

About 12 more hours!

Hi everyone,

What a wonderful trip my sister Renee and I had at Spirit West Coast Del Mar!! I'm so glad she was able to get the time off work - we hadn't spent this much time time together (just the two of us) in about 6 years! We were able to split our travel down to San Diego and spend the night with our cousin and his family in Azusa. He's one of the main guys in the theatrical department of Azusa Pacific University and he took Renee and I to the show he products - Once Upon A Mattress (the princess and the pea). It was hilarious!! We had a great time!

We met up with the group from the Nellis AFB Chapel down at SWC on Friday afternoon - it was so nice seeing several of my dear friends again!! I also knew several others who were there and got to know several that I had never met before. It was a good group - around 30 of us made it! One of my friends, Sierra, and her family was there. Their youngest baby girl is just 2 weeks older than Mia, so it was so nice to get my baby cuddle time in!! =)

One of the highlights for me was hearing Nick Vujicic speak. What an amazing man!! I believe he said he's 26 years old - and he was born without arms or legs. His ministry is called Life Without Limbs. I would encourage you to search for him on YouTube and listen to him - he has such a great heart and a great sense of humor, too! I was able to talk with his cousin who was there and share with her how Nick's message touched my heart. I told her briefly about Mia and her situation and she was just so sweet! She said that she and Nick will be praying for Mia. =) I bought Mia a little t-shirt that says "Nick Says I'm Beautiful" on the front and on the back it says "Jesus Says I'm Beautiful"! One of these days, my beautiful Mia will be running around wearing this adorable shirt!!

Tomorrow's the day!!! Mia is FINALLY, after 10 weeks, being transfered to the Children's Recovery Center at 10:00am! We are so grateful for the 10 weeks that we were at Sunrise Children's Hospital in Vegas, and the 6 weeks here at Children's Hospital in Oakland. The care and both places have been excellent! Just as we miss the nurses we've become friends with in Vegas, I'm going to miss my new friends here at Oakland! I'm very excited that Peggy will be joining Mia in the ambulance tomorrow! She's one of my very favorite day nurses! =)

My baby's becoming a little chunky monkey! I can tell she's gained weight since Thursday just by looking at her!! I asked the nurse how much Mia weighs and I was right - she's gained 9 ounces! She's about a half-ounce shy of 11lbs now! =) She's so sqeezable! I love it!

I must get some sleep now - thank you all so much for your love, support and prayers!

Blessed,
Rachael <3
(I'll add pictures to this blog tomorrow)

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun!

    I am very familiar with Nick. He came to my church way back in September and interviewed with our pasrot. He is such a blessing from God! What a true man of faith!! I purchased the DVD recording from my church and thought of loaning it to you guys right after Mia was born, but held back because I didn't feel it was the right time--what a blessing you got to see him! Anyway, at a PWOC General meeting about 3 monts ago, we viewed my DVD copy--all of the ladies seemed blown away by this courageous man of faith. When my boys get older, I plan on showing them that DVD. I believe that everyone needs to meet Nick.

    God bless!! Happy times tomorrow for Mia!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter suffered an hypoxic injury in 2006, She has a carepage. Her page is hannahduggan. We are having a conference in Atlanta in June and I wanted to let you know if you are able to attend. My email is donnaduggan@comcast.net.....if you send me your email I will send you some info. Also, please let other know about this. Thanks so much! Donna

    ReplyDelete