Hi everyone,

Today we got some good news!! The bed is available in Campbell at the Children's Recovery Center!!! Marla (the director gal - don't know her exact title) wants Mia there on Monday at 1pm!! The charge nurse at Children's Oakland set up the transport team, so everything is good to go. They'll be picking Mia up at 12pm ... we're excited!
Please keep the situation in prayer, though. The CRC isn't a network facility, but our insurance said that it will be covered as a non-network facility. Pray that all the information we've received is accurate and that everything will go smoothly - and will be covered!!

I've gotten a lot of great expirence taking care of Mia and the nurses have been great with allowing me to do a lot of the care. When I changed her trach several weeks ago (I still have yet to do it again), several of the nurses wanted to watch because they had never changed one before. Well, today I did something again that several nurses had never done themselves - I put in a new g-tube! Mia got her MIC-KEY today! It's a low profile g-tube which means that you can unhook the feeding tube from it so there's nothing "hanging" out from her body, so it's nice!! (Pictured is the old g-tube disc - you can click on the pictures to see them bigger. Mia is getting chunky!!)

The site was pretty nasty looking, though. I was just hoping I wasn't going to pass out!! I can look at the trach opening fine... the g-tube site gets to me a little bit, though. I just need to not think about it too much and I'll be fine. =) The nurse practitioner and nurse practitioner student guided me through the change. They took out the old g-tube, and I put the new one it! It was very simple ... I'm glad I got that experience. =) Mia's nurse said I should get on the pay roll because I do so much. haha I'm just glad they allow me to! =) (Pictured: Mia getting her bath! She loves them!)

Another bit of good news... Robert and I get to see each other for our anniversary at the end of the month!! He booked his flight today, so I'm glad. These two weeks have been long enough without seeing each other ... it'll be great to be together again! Last night, Robert and I were on Skype (video chat online), so Mercedes was able to see her daddy and give him (the camera) kisses, etc. I was also able to show Robert some video that I've taken of Mia while he's been gone. He's amazed at how much she's moving now! I didn't realize how much she changed these two weeks just because I see her everyday. It's pretty neat that Robert can see the difference. Mia is moving around and responding like a 1 month old now ... it's pretty cute to see her! She's a lot more interactive now... She's too cute. =)
A few prayer requests:

-Healing of Mia's body
-Good health for Mercedes and my Mom - they both have a really bad cough and chest congestion, but are doing a little bit better
-Continued good health for myself so I don't get Mia sick
-My milk supply - it's starting to decrease quite a bit. Pray that I will get the rest my body requires
-Robert ... he's getting pretty lonely and missing his girls - and we miss him, too!
-Smooth transfer to Children's Recovery Center
-Insurance coverage
-My friends who suddenly lost their precious almost-5 month old daughter this week
Thank you so much for supporting our family in prayer! We love you all!
God's blessings to you!
Rachael
Please email (
rachaeladamis@yahoo.com)
me with your name and location if you're praying for Mia!
That's such good news! It will be so nice not having to drive so far. I print out your blog and take it to my bible study every week. I'll write you and let you know the names of the ladies who are praying for Mia and your family. Thanks for the beautiful pictures! We'll continue to pray for you. xoxo
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you already know this but Fenugreek is supposed to help with milk supply. There is also something called Motherlove More Milk that is supposed to help. http://www.luckyvitamin.com/item/itemKey/51900
ReplyDelete