Mia is hanging in there... it's still really bad. There's so much fluid in her lungs that they're not expanding with the vent like they should be. The nurses and RTs are needing to bag her all the time and even then, her lungs are moving very little. Her co2 is still pretty high most of the time, though at times it does get down to the 30's and 40's.
Robert says at one point last night he thought she was going to crash. Both her oxygen level and heart rate were pretty low.
Mia is completely out on VERY strong drugs. They paralyzed her (except for her heart) so she won't fight as well.
It's so hard to be in this boat again -- having her so sick and not knowing what's going on. I haven't been so worried for her since her first month of life.
Pray for Robert and I... it's so hard seeing our precious littlest girl like this. Pray Robert gets the rest and nurishment he needs -- I think he'll be covering the night shift here in the PICU.
We'll keep you posted...
Rachael
Monday, July 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praying now!
ReplyDeleteAlabama is praying!!
ReplyDeleteHang on Mia...Your a fighter.
love,
From the White's
PRAYING FOR SWEET MIA. HANG IN THERE RACHAEL AND ROBERT WE LOVE YOU. LOVE, COUSIN CAROLE
ReplyDeleteoh you guys, my heart breaks as I read your blog, you are so strong and I know you can make it through, just trust in Him as all of us are doing and praying like crazy for your sweet little one!!! We are praying for all of you in this time of need, we love you and if there is anything we can do, please let us know : ) We love you, keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteI'm praying for precious Mia! This must be so hard on all of you, I'm praying for your whole family!
ReplyDeleteLots of love,
Alane
praying!!
ReplyDeleteWe continue to pray for Mia and your family. I updated her condition to the Trinity Bible Church prayer team. We are thankful for your blog updates so we know how to pray. With love from The Jordan Family
ReplyDelete