Mia had a pretty good night. Took a 3 hour snooze, then was awake the rest of the night. I'm sure she's claiming she didn't know what time of day it was due to not having any windows in the PICU. ;) She's currently wide awake watching Winnie The Pooh again. If you haven't guessed, that the only full-length movie she has on the iPad. :)
It's really cute, though... when she first watched it on the iPad about a month ago, she kept touching the screen like she does with her apps thinking it was a game. She has now figured out that it isn't a game and that it is just something to watch. She now enjoys watching a few free TV kid show episodes that I had downloaded for Mercedes a couple years ago - Blue's Clues, Super Why!, The Backyardigans, etc... :)
It really excites me to see this kind of comprehension she is showing ... :) I've always known she's very smart and just struggles with getting her body to do what she wants it to... this kind of communication is really fun to see!
Apparently the EEG got interrupted at approximately 16 hours into the study, so Mia's dress up party is over - she is no longer Lazarus or Rapunzel. :) She's back to being her beautiful perfect self! We're still waiting to hear from the tech or doctor to see if they got enough information for what they need, or if Mia will need to stay longer.
Mia seems to be really irritated from being on her back so much. Well, just being stuck in the crib, basically. I can see that she would rather be on the floor rolling around, but that's not possible here. Now would actually be a great time for the EEG since she's mad! She was too happy at first with the change of scenery during the test, but it looks like that has come to an end.
I'll keep the blog updated when I can. (Thank goodness for the app on my phone!)
Rachael
Pictures included are from Mia getting the probes on her head; the computer and camera; video on screen; Mia sitting up this morning in the dark; laying on her side trying to get comfortable
**the app scrambled up the order of pictures... sorry. :)**






It's really cute, though... when she first watched it on the iPad about a month ago, she kept touching the screen like she does with her apps thinking it was a game. She has now figured out that it isn't a game and that it is just something to watch. She now enjoys watching a few free TV kid show episodes that I had downloaded for Mercedes a couple years ago - Blue's Clues, Super Why!, The Backyardigans, etc... :)
It really excites me to see this kind of comprehension she is showing ... :) I've always known she's very smart and just struggles with getting her body to do what she wants it to... this kind of communication is really fun to see!
Apparently the EEG got interrupted at approximately 16 hours into the study, so Mia's dress up party is over - she is no longer Lazarus or Rapunzel. :) She's back to being her beautiful perfect self! We're still waiting to hear from the tech or doctor to see if they got enough information for what they need, or if Mia will need to stay longer.
Mia seems to be really irritated from being on her back so much. Well, just being stuck in the crib, basically. I can see that she would rather be on the floor rolling around, but that's not possible here. Now would actually be a great time for the EEG since she's mad! She was too happy at first with the change of scenery during the test, but it looks like that has come to an end.
I'll keep the blog updated when I can. (Thank goodness for the app on my phone!)
Rachael
Pictures included are from Mia getting the probes on her head; the computer and camera; video on screen; Mia sitting up this morning in the dark; laying on her side trying to get comfortable
**the app scrambled up the order of pictures... sorry. :)**






No comments:
Post a Comment