Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Timing is everything....

I was in the process of writing a blog yesterday morning and things just got so chaotic with Mia; packing; picking up and dropping off furniture; running errands, etc... and I never got around to posting it.

When Cedes and I had just gotten to school, I checked to see what time it was (to see how many minutes she had to play before the bell rang) and noticed I had a missed call from the CRC charge nurse. Instead of listening to the voice mail, I just called her back and got the info... long story short, Mia still wasn't herself and it looked like she was having a seizure, so they called the doctor and he ordered Ativan (antianxiety med) and she calmed down... but she still wasn't herself. We kept her from school and she mostly stayed in bed.

After the crazy day was winding down, I stopped by to be with her for a little bit before going home to finally pack and she looked really good. She was giving me lots of kisses and playing peek a boo with me. It was fun to see her having fun again. :)

Today, she still wasn't quite herself, but seemed well enough to go to school, so I wheeled her down the hall, grabbed her laundry, ran an errand, started 3 loads of laundry, made myself a very yummy breakfast, then began packing. Finally. The Pod unit is coming tomorrow so we can load up everything to be picked up on Friday, so today was my Packing Day! It had to be ... it's the only option.

I got one box packed when the timer went off ... time to put the clothes in the dryer! As soon as I walk back in the apartment, my phone rings and I figured it was a CRC number, though it wasn't in my contacts list. I answer and it's Dr. Silva. He's never called me himself before. I was definitely caught by surprise, so I didn't even have time to guess what the call was about. He felt, since Mia was still acting a little strangely, a 24 hour EEG would be beneficial and wanted to know if he had my permission to do that. I completely agreed, only my thought was 'Seriously??? Today??? Right now??' With my permission granted, they were going to set up transport from CRC to the Good Samaritan PICU to do the test. I called Robert to let him know what was going on and asking if he could please come home in time to pick up Mercedes from school. He said he would do that (and also get the clothes from the dryers!). Then I let my mom know what was going on... at that point I was almost on the verge of tears because I was so stressed out because I have sooo much to do and get done, but I obviously need to be with Mia during this time! My sweet mother told me to tell Robert not to worry about Cedes that she will pick her up and keep her until evening. What a huge help!

Within a half hour of Dr. Silva's call, AMR was at CRC to transport Mia to Good Sam and now we're in the PICU. One of our favorite PICU nurses is working today, so that's extra nice! She's gotten blood draws, she's all hooked up to the EEG (she looks like a cross of Lazarus and Rapunzel. Haha) She is also getting another chest xray as I text...

Keep praying for us and Mia.  We are supposed to be all packed up by tomorrow and the apartment only looks like a tornado has hit it. My brother and sister will be helping me pack in a few hours while Robert stays with Mia.

I hope some answers come back.... it is so hard not being able to understand how Mia is communicating to us.

Trusting God,
Rachael


1 comment:

  1. I will be thinking of and praying for you all. My life verse now is Philippians 4:7. That verse is dear to me. It will get you through...the peace of God's presence. Only He can give us peace in the midst of a storm. Love you guys! :)

    ReplyDelete