The doctor came in to fill us in on how the study went. He didn't see even a single spike, so he personally feels that what she does is simply because she is mad. It makes sense to me - that's what I've been leaning towards anyway, but you never can be completely sure on a child who doesn't have the capabilities to make facial expressions, cry or scream. (Or smile, or laugh, and so on...)
I've been saying that Mia missed the memo on the 'terrible twos' and now she's making up for it by being a trouble-making 3 year old. Haha :)
The doctor says he would bet that they're not seizures and that she's just showing that she's upset, but if we'd like, we can do another 24 hour EEG. Robert and I feel we may as well do it again since Mia is already here. The doctor also said to try to encourage what she does - do what gets her mad just to catch it on the computer and video so we can rule it out. We'll see!
So, Mia is back to being Lazarus and Rapunzel. :) We should be back at CRC by around 5pm tomorrow ... hopefully.
Mia has had her spells of moodiness (of course while the camera was off!) and I guess her tummy didn't quite like the formula they had at the hospital. She threw up a little bit after her 8am feed, so she skipped lunch. (She got PediaLyte instead.) The dietician came and asked if we would be able to bring Mia's normal feedings, so I was able to pick up her bottles of formula from CRC in time for her 4pm feed. I'm sure her tummy appreciates it!
That's all the news for now...
Rachael

No comments:
Post a Comment