Monday, March 30, 2009

California, here we come!

It's official... Mia's been accepted into Stanford's NICU!! She'll be transported by air (probably a small plane) on Friday, so that means Robert, Mercedes, Betsy and I will drive out on Thursday because we have to be at the hospital when she arrives.

The hospital and insurance company OKed Mia to leave on Wednesday, but then that would have meant that we'd have to leave tomorrow. We had plans for Tuesday and Wednesday to have some people come by to pray with us and to visit/meet Mia before we all left, so Dr. Piroozi said it's fine if Mia leaves a little later so we are able to get everything done that we still have to do!

I have Mercedes' and my clothes packed... now we just have to get the other things that will be helpful to have with us since we won't be coming back to Vegas. For the past almost 4 years, we couldn't WAIT to leave this town... now that it's actually happening, it's hard to leave! Definitely not because of the city, but because of all the wonderful friends that we've made - I'm going to miss you all soo much!! Make sure you come visit us in California, ok?? I'll show you around!!

Mia is doing well... very stable, except for a few times she desated yesterday. They're thinking that the bigger trach is just a little too long, so it's causing the gas exchange to not be the greatest, so they're making sure they're keeping some tension on it so it doesn't go too far in. There was also a very short time yesterday that her heart did a strange rhythm, so they hooked her up to a heart monitor that's recording everything it does for 24 hours, then they'll take a look and see if anything is going on. They don't think it's anything to worry about, but they just want to do everything they can just to be on the safe side. Mia is just as beautiful as ever... but at the same time, she's getting more adorable everyday!! As of yesterday, she's weighing in at 8lbs 5oz, so she's starting to chunk up a little bit! =)

Continue to keep all of us in your prayers!
-The move for the girls and I
-Robert's job transition (we don't know when he'll be moving out to CA permanently)
-Safe travels for us by car and Mia by plane
-The doctors and nursing staff at Stanford who will be caring for Mia while she's there
-Continued healing for Mia

If any of you are in Vegas and want to meet Mia, please let me know! Tuesday and Wednesday will be the only time you can see her... and we'd love to say bye to you. I'll be at the hospital basically all day (12ish until 7ish for sure) Tuesday and Wednesday. Give me a call or email... please don't feel like we're too busy - we're usually sitting there talking to the nurse or sitting next to Mia - we'd love to have you come by!

Sorry I'm not adding a picture today... the camera is in my purse in the other room and I'm too tired to go get it. =)

Blessed,
Rachael <3

5 comments:

  1. Can't tell you how excited I am that you're coming HERE and we can finally come and see Mia in person!!!!
    God is so good! We'll be praying for save travels and for Mia's continued health during the trek over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting. It's an amazing God we serve, who loves us enough to work out the intricate details, and to take care of us so completely. I'm praying for a sweet last few days in Vegas, and for a safe transition for all of you back to the good ol' Bay Area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, I can't wait to meet her, were so glad yout coming up!!!!! Yeah!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you guys are leaveing. =( I'm sad but happy that you found the facility for Mia (sorry about my spelling lol). I'm going to miss you so much. If i don't get to see you before you leave have a safe trip and hopfully we will see one another again someday. Love you girlie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our God is an AWESOME God! I'm thrilled for y'all that you will be close to your family again! Definitely will continue to pray you as you transition through all the new changes.

    ReplyDelete