Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Huge news ...

Hi Everyone,

These past two days have been extremely hopeful!! Every blog we post, my sister Renee copies and posts them on her Facebook page so others can know what's going on in Mia's life and such. One gal responded to the previous posting and asked if the facility I had mentioned was a particular place. Well.. it wasn't, but we went onto that places' website and I called them yesterday. These two places are the only two in all of Northern CA and they both just happen to be within 20 minutes of where my parents live. This place specializes in infants/babies and the other place in Saratoga is more for older kids. I talked with a lady on the phone yesterday and briefly told her of Mia's situation and I asked what the criteria needs to be for babies and how long the waiting list is. She said Mia meets all of the criteria and there's actually one bed available right now!!

Right away, I cried because I would have never thought that there were facilities so close to family and that there would actually be space available! I automatically thought that there'd be a 6-9 month waiting list, etc. Right now, the case manager at the hospital is working in our insurance company to see if they would cover the care as well as the transportation of Mia to the Bay Area. Robert talked with a lady from the insurance company and when he mentioned our baby's name, she told him that she had just seen Mia's name on a list and her name struck her as someone important. She told Robert that God will work everything out. =) We thought that was incredible!!

Dr. Blahnik said that because there's nothing else Mia needs medically, she can be transported as soon as Monday! So... if that's the case, Mercedes, Mia and I will be in the San Jose area next week! Robert will probably stay for a few months here in Vegas, but of course, we're just talking about things right now. Nothing is set in stone at all, obviously, since we don't know if the bed is still available or if the insurance will cover any of the care.

Please keep this all in your prayers!! It sure seems like it's God who's orchestrating all of this, but of course we want to always be in the center of His will. Please pray for wisdom for Robert and I as we make these possible HUGE decisions for our family!

Betsy (Robert's Mom) arrived today and my Mom goes back home to San Jose on Friday, so if we do head out to San Jose on Monday, Betsy will drive with me and Cedes.

Mia is doing really well. She's very stable, which is great! She hasn't been causing any trouble for the doctors or nurses, so we're happy to hear that. =) Dr. Miller sent out a DNA test two weeks ago and he was assuming it was to test for 105,000 things (it's a 105K test) and the results came back today. Everything's completely normal. Everything they've tested her for has come out either negative or normal which is so baffling to everybody!! Clearly, something isn't right if she's having seizures and not breathing on her own... Patricia, Mia's nurse, thinks that maybe all Mia needs is rehab to overcome all of these problems. Only God knows!! =)

Please continue to pray for the possibility of Mia being transfered to Children's Recovery Center in Campbell. If it's God's will, it looks like things will move very quickly. Also pray for me because it's going to be soo hard to have to say goodbye to my dear friends that I've met here over the past 4 years! =(

Excited to see what our God is doing,
Rachael
The pictures are from today - Mia's 7 weeks old (49 days old), so she's sporting a cute outfit from her Pops ... as well as a cute teddy bear he gave to her when he visited! =)

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this is so exciting! As believers, isn't a thrill to see the fingerprints of God on your life? Especially when it comes to such specific details as these! I'm praying for all of you, and looking forward to more news as it arises.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God give you the wisdom to know what to do. These changes are huge, but always remember He is guiding you every step of the way. That is so wonderful to hear that Mia is doing well, despite her baffling the doctors! Rejoicing with you!

    ~Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. This hopeful new is amazing!! I can't believe we might be able to come visit Mia soon! We will be praying for that.
    I love seeing all the new pics with the tube out of her mouth. She's so pretty and you can see in these pictures that she's getting bigger! How much does she weigh now?

    ReplyDelete