Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Slight change in plans...

Okay... maybe not slight... the Stanford doctors had a board meeting this morning and they decided they're going to deny Mia's acceptance because medically speaking, she doesn't need NICU care, but our insurance is saying that MUST be transfered to a NICU before she can go to a long-term facility (the weaning place). I don't know if it was just a misunderstanding that Stanford thinks she needs to be there until she's weaned off completely or whatever and that's not the case. She only needs to be there to get into CA and then they need to refer her to the Children's Recovery Center... that's it! Sounds simple enough to me, but of course, it all comes down to money.

The director at Children's Recovery Center thinks it'd be best for either Robert or I to go to the bay area, enroll Mia in Medi-Cal and then she can get transfered to CRC directly, but the paperwork will take about a month to process.

The case manager at the hospital is going to call Lucile Packard Children's Hospital to see if they'll accept Mia. Like I've said before, God knows what He's doing... we don't understand it all, but we can trust Him!

Keep praying,
Rachael

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am a friend of Stefanie Arnolds. I have been following your family's amazing journey, and praying for your precious Mia.

    I have very little experience with medical care, but I do know that our son received excellent treatment from Shriner's Hospital in Sacramento. He had a fairly severe burn and we were referred to the Burn Center. Our Kaiser Dr. referred us, and Shriner's saw us the same day. I don't know if they could help out in Mia's case, but that might be an option. It might be a means of getting Mia into California. If you need contact info for Shriner's please feel free to e-mail me at aandjgreen@gmail.com. We will keep praying that the Lord works out the details of Mia's transfer to CRC.

    -Jessica Green

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry. I'll be praying that everything works out, and you don't have to wait forever either. It's so sad how every desition that is made by the medical feild is focused on money rather then the actual medical issues.

    ReplyDelete