Hi folks, sorry about not getting an update in earlier today. Mia is doing fine right now. They are still working to wean her back down on the ventilator. She currently is at 28 breaths per minute and taking 24% oxygen. It is taking a lot longer to get her back down to where she was on Saturday so she must have really been wiped out.
We didn't talk to any of the doctors today but Mia's nurse Karla was able to tell us that one of the conditions that they were testing Mia for came back negative. This is a very good thing and we are really relieved to hear that. We are still waiting to hear back on the muscle biopsy. Apparently they have gotten the results in today but they did not have a chance to look at it and so they could not tell us the results. I have been on pins and needles all day waiting for these results.
Many people have been asking about my work situation so I thought I should let you all know that my boss Major Keith Turner has been phenominal in supporting us through this time. It has been such a relief to not have to worry about work during this time of stress. I also want to thank my co-worker Lt Christian Morgan who has been taking care of everything without me. I can't thank my co-workers enough for giving me so much leeway and time off to deal with this situation As great as it has been to not have to worry about work I feel that it is time for me to try to get engaged back into work so starting Monday I'll be going back to work up at Creech.
Some continued Prayer requests.
Mia's Lungs: She has had some issues with them partially deflating periodically. In a way this is sort of a blessing in disguise. This means that Mia has not been anble to use her full lung capacity to keep her saturated. As her lungs recover it will only make it easier for her to keep saturated.
Test Results: That we will hear positive news as various conditions are ruled out. Some of the conditions being tested for are really scary. We are praying that Mia will not have any of these conditions.
Car: We are still looking for a car and dealing with our insurance company. Rachael and I at this point are going to try to be patient and getting something that will really work well for us. Hopefully we will be able to work the logistics of me working next week and Rachael being at the hospital and doing this with one car.
Health: We all are taking our turns getting sick. The stress has been taking its toll on our bodies.
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers. Rachael has some new pictures that hopefully we will get uploaded in the morning.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks again for the update, and for letting us know how things are going in your personal lives. I'll keep you all lifted up in prayer. Let me know if I can help; especially with you going back to work and having only 1 car. God bless your family! :O)
ReplyDelete