Thursday, March 5, 2009

Pictures of our beautiful Mia from yesterday...

I was finally healthy enough to visit with our precious baby Mia yesterday for the first time since Saturday. Not seeing my baby for 2 days was definitely hard!!








Yesterday Mia turned 1 month old! What a milestone! She also sucked on a pacifier for the very first time!! That's HUGE! On Friday, nurse Mercedes noticed Mia trying to suck on her tubes that are in her mouth, so she got a paci, but I don't think Mia ever sucked on it then. Karla gave us one yesterday and asked us to try to encourage Mia to suck on it whenever we notice she's awake, so I tried it and she sucked on it about 6 times! Pray that Mia will learn how to suck and swallow so she'll be able to eventually nurse or bottle feed!


God bless you all... thank you so much for your prayers for our family and especially Mia!

Always,
Rachael

7 comments:

  1. That's amazing that she can suck on a binky (that's what we call 'em) and have the tubes in too! What a huge praise that she has the sucking reflex. Good to see her alert and awake!! Oh boy is she getting big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is GREAT that she can suck on a pacifier! Please do NOT let them put a G-tube in her! She will do just fine eating as long as her swallow is good. Sierra's suck is still so weak that she can't keep a pacifier in her mouth but she is able to eat by mouth. If Mia is able to keep her pacifier in her mouth, her suck is definitely strong enough to eat! If her suck is on the weak side, there are bottles that are specially designed for children with a weak suck. That is what we started Sierra out on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she is _so_ darn cute! I cannot get enough of her beautiful eyes and gorgeous silky hair!! You guys have been blessed. We are praying, every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray for your family & Mia every day and am inspired by your faith!

    ReplyDelete
  5. THAT'S SO AWSOME!!!!!!
    I can't believe she's already a month old. She's such a cutie pie. I pray things keep going well and she keeps getting stronger =D

    love and prayers
    Christie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to let you know that Mia has been the desktop for my computer so that every time I see her I remember to pray for her and you. Thanks for the updates and pictures. With you in prayer.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to read good reports on Mia. She is such a beautiful baby!

    ReplyDelete