Hi Everybody,
It's sooo close!! It's getting harder everyday because we know we're that much closer... but it also keeps getting further away! Yesterday we found out that Mia will be moved today and that we just had to wait for the phone call this morning so we knew what the plan was. Mia's nurse, Karla, called this morning let us know that apparently several babies were born yesterday at Stanford, so 39 of the 40 beds are full! You'd think it would be "There's a bed available - just for Mia!", but that's not the case. They would like there to be around 3 beds available before they take her there this way there's room for more babies. Apparently she'll be sent to the NICU, not the PICU. I don't understand what's going on, but I know that I don't have to! It IS being taken care of, we just need to be patient. =)
So, it may be tomorrow, may be 3 more days... we won't know until we get the phone call. =) I told Betsy that this is like waiting for the rapture to happen!! We don't know when, we just need to be ready!
Just wanted to update you all!
Waiting patiently,
Rachael
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
haha! your rapture comment made me laugh. :)
ReplyDeleteWe will keep praying!
Hey Rach!
ReplyDeleteI know it's hard. I just wanted to make sure you knew we are still praying for you and your family. I wish I could meet Mia. Her pictures are so sweet! Thanks so much for posting and keeping this blog going. It means a lot to me to be able to see this precious baby....and of course Cedes.
((((HUGS))))