Hi everybody,
Okay... this is going to be a short update because I'm very tired and it's already midnight and I have to get up very early tomorrow!!
After waiting around all morning (the day wasn't lost - I washed clothes and repacked!), we finally heard that the insurance company was going to use their air transport team, so they were being "rounded up" and needed to make sure they had all the right equipment Mia needs. They were waiting to get a ventilator, so, obviously, we didn't leave today. Apparently they have what they need now, so they will be picking Mia up at 9:30am.... and guess what! I'm able to go with her!!! They said that one of us (me or Robert) could go with them and since Robert has really bad motion sickness, I happily volunteered! I'm soo glad she didn't leave today because it was soo windy!! The forecast shows that the winds should die down around 5am, so hopefully the weather will be nice to us - especially since we'll be in a small plane! Pray for us ... I really don't feel like getting sick, but I also don't want to miss this opportunity to go WITH my baby girl!
We're so excited that we are FINALLY getting back home to California, but on my way home from the hospital this evening, it really hit me that I'm leaving all my dear friends here. I've been able to say "see you later" to most of them, but I thought I'd be able to see my sweet Amber again. I went to her house on my way home because I needed to say bbye, but apparently she wasn't home at the time. I knew they were out of town a few days ago, so I thought I'd drop by just in case they were home. Hopefully I'll be back in a few months so we can finally go out just the two of us, Amber!! (Or maybe the three of us if you have your sweet baby by then!) I love you!
Dr. Piroozi has been amazing during our 10 weeks at the NICU at Sunrise, as well as our dear Patricia, Karla and Jessica. You've all set the bar really high... we're praying that Mia will have doctors and nurses who are just as sweet, caring and thorough at Oakland as you all have been for our darling Mia! We're going to miss you all so much!!
To our friends in CA, please visit!! Can't wait to see you all again ... and for you to meet our baby Mia Amore! =)
Excited,
Rachael <3
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Praise the Lord!!! Safe travels! I'll be praying for everyone today.
ReplyDeleteSo excited you're coming! We're all getting healthy over here and as soon as we are, we're coming to visit!
ReplyDelete