We made it safely to Oakland! Mia and I went by and air ambulance and Robert, Betsy and Mercedes arrived about 4 hours later. We all had great travels, a bit of trouble with wind for both of us, but other than that, it was great!
The NICU here at The Children's Hospital is completely different than Sunrise. We were QUITE spoiled there and just didn't realize it! I told Robert that it's kind of like we were at the Ritz-Carlton the past 10 weeks and now we're back to real life. =) I really need to get used to that aspect of it. It's a much older hospital, so things are much more crowded and just a whole different set up. The nurses work in 8 hour shifts here, so that's also something we're going to need to get used to! The nurse we had today was good, but quiet. Everyone is mostly trying to get caught up on Mia and just asking us a lot of questions.
One of the doctors talked with us, asked a lot of questions and took a lot of notes, examined Mia, etc. Tomorrow she will be getting another EEG, as well as being seen by a neurologist, polmonologist, and possibly a cardiologist. Very soon she'll also be seen by a genetisist, so that may provide some answers!
The doctor said that they work with Children's Recovery Center all the time, so we're glad to hear that! Hopefully we'll be able to get Mia there soon - it would be so much more conveniant! The commute to Oakland is going to get very expensive VERY quickly - especially since you also have to pay for parking! It took Robert and I about 1 hour and 15 minutes to get from the hospital to my parents' home without any traffic. We're praying Mia won't require to be in the NICU very long, but of course, we can't really control that. =)
I am exhausted - I only got 3 1/2 hours of sleep last night! I need some rest now, but I'll try to post pictures of Mia's journey to CA very soon.
Thank you for your prayers!
Blessings,
Rachael <3
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
So glad you're here, safe and sound. Get some rest.
ReplyDeleteIt's good to hear that you all made it there safely. I will be praying that God's perfect timing will allow Mia to get to where she needs to be, when she needs to be there. Also praying for God's amazing strength to continue to uphold you through these almost impossible long days.
ReplyDeleteLove in Christ,
Suzi
Praying for the doctors, hoping they can give you more clarity and more answers. Hope you get some needed rest. Glad to have you back in California!
ReplyDeleteNicolle
So glad you made it okay. So glad you're back with family for additional support. And so glad Mia is right where God wants her to be. I'm praying for another very special set of doctors and nurses who can figure out what's going on with Mia and help her along the road to a full, healthy life.
ReplyDeleteVery relieved to hear everyone made it safely! I'm so sorry we didn't connect the other day at Sunrise. :o( I was really hoping to see you and Mia for one last time before you left, but you weren't there and we left by the time you arrived. I will miss you so much, and hope and pray for the very best for Mia and your fam out there in CA. I'll be calling soon...love Shannon
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that you arrived safely!
ReplyDelete