Hi all,
We heard back from Renee and she said that, basically, there's nothing they can do about getting us out of Oakland, so, if Stanford fell through, that's where we would be going. She said she called Stanford, but hadn't heard back, so we didn't know what the plan was, so we went about our day.
Betsy and I went to visit with Mia today and I was able to do her cares (clean the trach site, take her temp, change her diaper, clean her mouth and eyes, suction her mouth, etc) and I also was able to change her trach all by myself!! When they offered that I did it, I jumped at the chance because I want to be able to take care of my baby, but when it was time to actually change it, I was starting to get a tad nervous. Patricia guided me through it all and there were 3 other nurses standing by, mostly because they had never seen a trach-change before (they said there are usually only 3 around trach babies a year!), so if anything went wrong, there was plenty of help at hand. =) Once I got the trach changed, then my insides went cold and I got really nervous, but excited that I did it! =) That was exciting. =)
Ingrid, the social worker at the hospital, called Stanford, but the gal who said they'd reconsider was gone for the day, so we'd have to call back in the morning. I called Robert to let him know and we both decided we were tired of playing games with Stanford - so Oakland, here we come!!
There are just a few things that need to be gone over - papers to be signed and such - and then everything should be good to go tomorrow morning, so, Lord willing, Mia will be getting transported tomorrow! =) It's finally happening!!! Even though it's Oakland (and a heck of a commute!), we'll be so much closer to family ... and hopefully we won't be there very long! =)
We'll update when we know exactly when we're leaving. I don't think Oakland will be changing their mind on us like Stanford did, so I think we're safe in that regard. =)
One day closer,
Rachael <3
Monday, April 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
you can come live here in our town! If you leave around 9am you will get to Oakland in 45 minutes.
ReplyDeletePray that all goes smoothly and that Baby Mia will be at the perfect place that God wants her to be.
ReplyDeleteLove in Christ,
Suzi
OMG you guys have been through so much. I know that God has everything in controll, and he knows the best best place for Mia. I will keep praying for you guys
ReplyDelete