Thursday, April 9, 2009

The drama continues....

Talk about a roller coaster ride!! One day we're all packed and ready to go, just waiting for the phone call... then we hear some crazy story from Stanford, basically making up excuses to not accept Mia. Apparently one doctor wanted to accept her, but the rest of the team didn't want to take her. This morning, they officially denied her.

Today, more calls were made to the other hospitals. O'Connor can't accept Mia (because of the ventilator, I believe), but their sister hospital will accept her at Valley Medical Center. Valley Med wasn't on our list of approved hospitals, so now we're waiting to see if it will be covered by our insurance.

We also heard today that Children's Recovery Center will not be covered no matter what!! Oh the drama!! The insurance person is saying that they will only cover an acute facility (NICU), then Mia will either need to go home or go to a "nursing home" for children. I believe there is a secondary insurance for special needs' people with our insurance, so we might look into that and see if there will be more options for Mia.

On another note, Robert and I have been having fun looking at houses online that are for sale!! It's going to be fun looking for another house especially because we know what works and what doesn't for our family. There are several out there that we really like, so whenever we get to CA, we're hopefully going to hook up with the realtor and check some out! =)

Mia is doing really good - so much more alert and she's focusing much more on objects! She's been getting physical therapy everyday and is getting a lot stronger. =)

Continue praying for us, especially with this whole insurance deal. It's been so crazy these past 2 weeks that it's almost amusing whenever we hear what the latest is!

We all really want to be with our families for Easter, but of course, it wasn't a plan to begin with... if it happens, it'll be a bonus! =)

Looking up,
Rachael <3

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry Rachael! I feel like calling those hospitals and saying "she's not a baby doll, she's a real, live human!" Sometimes I hate the way hospitals are.
    We will keep praying. I guess, if it never works out, its kind of a clear sign of where God wants you.

    We're anxious to have you guys out here (and buying a house would be awesome!) but we need to be content with God's will, so... we pray!

    ReplyDelete