Last time I tried that, it didn't work, so I'm glad it's working now!! (Or that I finally did it correctly!)
This video was taken last Saturday (she got sick a few hours later). She's rolling to her side now!! =) Enjoy it!!
In case you're wondering, she's on her Resonance board. Any movement made on it is basically amplified to work on her hearing! They get so much feedback from their movements that it encourages them to make more! =) It's a tool given to her by her "Blind Babies" teacher. Blind Babies started soo long ago and their name seems like they're limited to just visually-impaired children, but they help with all the senses. Mia really seems to like her board. =) She becomes a lot more active when she's on it - it's cute! =)
Mia's doing a lot better. She still has a few loose stools here and there, but she's so much better. She's back to 100% formula, though she's getting it continuously. They tried to do a normal feeding (90ml) over an hour, but her tummy still wasn't quite ready. Maybe tomorrow?
Her Co2's have been really good. Jay weaned her down to 23bpm today, so she's making progress!! She continues to be a chatter box, which is GREAT, because when she's talking, she's breathing on her OWN - breathing above the vent!! =)
Mercedes, Willow and I drove up to Sacramento this afternoon and had a beautiful drive! We only had about 5 minutes of heavy rain, so it wasn't too bad! Thankfully that was right outside of Sacramento.
When we got home, Cedes and I had a snack on my bed and she wanted to feed me chocolate chips (since she can't have them due to her allergies), so she gave me the last few. I had already eaten some cashews that were in the baggie, but I didn't really think much of it. When Robert came home, he was with Cedes and he called me and asked me to come over to them. I heard the urgency in his voice, and when I saw Cedes, I was shocked!!! I said "What happened?!" She said she poked her eye -- then it dawned on me. She touched the chocolate chips that had been touching the nuts... the residue was on her fingers, and she touched her eye. Within 15 minutes, her eye was almost swollen shut!!
I rushed to the store to buy some Benedryl and now, about 4 hours later, she eye is almost back to normal. Hopefully tomorrow she'll look normal again!! We learned our lesson!
To view more pictures, click here --------> Random Pics
and here -----------> Mercedes' Photography (and of her eye)
and here -----------> Mobile Uploads
I'll try to keep everybody up to date with our lives - our very busy and too-tired-to-go-online lives! =)
Blessings to you all,
Rachael
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor Cedes! I'm glad the Benadryl helped. Thanks for the explanation on the board. I was wondering why in the world you would have her on a hard board like that--and now I know! LOL
ReplyDeleteHUGS!!!!!!