Thursday, May 21, 2009

Dear friends and family, It's been a while since I've updated the blog. It's now been close to a month since I have seen Mia, Mercedes and Rachael. I can't say it has been a very pleasant time for me as I'm pretty much just focusing on work and trying to get moved. It's been pretty hard coming home to an empty house every night and wishing that I was somewhere else. However... all is not lost, there has been some good news these past couple of days!

The first good news is that the Recovery Center, Tri-Care and Medi-Cal were able to come up with a plan! In fact they were actually going to try to move Mia today but I decided it would be best to wait for Rachael to get back from her trip so Mia will be moved on Tuesday. We are very excited that Mia will finally be closer to where Rachael and Mercedes are. This will also be good for Rachael because now she can come up with some consistency in her routine.

On the job front things are still moving along. Nothing definite has come out yet but the rumors are that an ROTC instructor job at Sacramento State is the most likely spot that I will be moved to. The time frame is up in the air but we are hoping that I will be moving within a month or two. All of this depends on me getting orders so things could very well change on us. I am definitly going to miss working at my current job the 53rd TMG, DET 4. My co-workers have been very supportive and my boss has really been taking care of me. I'm going to be sad to be leaving a work environment that I was so happy to be at.

Well, to change things up a little... You probably heard from Rachael that I went backpacking a couple of weekends ago. I try to go every summer to get out into the mountains and see God's creation. There is nothing like falling asleep listening to the sound of a rushing stream just a few hundred feet away... So my two co-workers Christian and Matt as well as my old college roommate Chris and I headed to the Los Angeles National Forest for a 3 day backpacking trip. I will spare all of the details and just leave you all with a couple of picture from the trip.

Thanks again for all of your prayer and support.

Robert





1 comment:

  1. Hooray!! Mia is moving up in the world!! Glad that they accepted the offer and she's able to go to CRC.

    Nice backpack trip pics!!! You deserved this trip more than just about any dad I know, with all you and Rach have been through. :o)

    ReplyDelete