Tuesday, February 10, 2009

More updates

Hi all, just a quick update because I'm typing with the webtablet and its hard to type a lot.

Rachael and I got to hold Mia today! The nurse watching over her was very nice and let us hold her for close to 40 minutes today. She is also a lot more responsive and moving much more on her own. Thankfully the doctor was able to witness this as well and noted that she looks to be on a better path.

She is also take more breaths beyond what the resperator is giving her. In the past she was only breathing with the machine at about 22 breaths per minute. As of now she has been breathing about 60 breaths per minute! She has been doing that even with the seizure medicine that just yesterday would cause her to stop trying to breath on her own.

God is doing a miricle in her and Rachael and I are so gratefull for your continued prayer for her. I also want to thank my co-worker Lonnie Walker for coming and laying hands on her and praying with us as a family.

When one of us gets home we will update more and add some more pictures. Please continie to pray for us all. Rachael and I are amazed and uplifted to know that people from all over the world are praying for Mia. Also, please pray for Mia's hospital mates as well. Being in the ICU has been an eye opener into a world of joy and sadness. One of Mia's neighbors has already had three heart surgerys and he's less than a month old. Another neighbor does not appear to have family visiting him that often as we have only seen someone there at his bedside once in the last 6 days.

Also, please continue to pray for Mia's nurses. So far they have beehn Patricia, Lisa, Carla and others who have been nursing her. Also pray for her doctor (name escapes me) that he will be around when Mia is most active and responsive.

Thank you all,

Robert

4 comments:

  1. Rachael and Robert,
    Please know that the Machamer family has been, and will continue to uphold all of you in prayer, that our mighty God will act on your behalf.
    With love from Hayward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so encouraged to hear about Mia's progress. God is an awesome God!! He is Jehovah Rapha, the God who heals.
    God bless you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tears of joy are coming right now... I am so glad to hear of Mia's improvement, & will continue to pray. May God work mightily in her life & yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats good news, guys! We've been praying for you every day

    ReplyDelete