Yesterday was another quiet day. The doctors want to, obviously, wean Mia off of the ventilator, so they've been lowering the breaths per minute a little bit each day. We had heard they were going to stop for a few days at 15bpm, but they lowered her to 13bpm and apparently she wasn't doing so well with it. When we went to visit her yesterday, she was back up to 18bpm and was pretty lethargic most of the day. She was also wearing socks on her hands, too! She looked pretty silly, if you ask me. haha She's very aware of the tubes in her mouth and lets everybody know she doesn't like them and wants to keep grabbing them - thus the socks. =)I was able to hold her for a little over an hour, which is one of the longest times I've been able to hold her, so that was special. =) Robert took over so I could pump and there was a mishap with getting Mia back in her bed. The other nurse helping Karla decided to unhook the vent tubes from Mia and ended up dropping all the tubes on the floor, so Mia was without it for a little bit. They had to sanitize the tubes, so Karla was giving Mia breaths manually with a bag in the meantime. Everything's all good now... I'm just glad I wasn't there for the "excitement"! Poor Karla was quite nervous, I hear.
Keep praying for Mia that her knowing when to breathe would kick in and that she'll have the strength to keep it up. We're still waiting for the rest of the muscle biopsy results and some other test results I think, so keep praying!
Mercedes graduated (finally!) to sleeping in her big girl bed in her new bedroom two nights ago and she is and she is loving it! Since she never complained about being in her crib, we just never took her out. She doesn't know that most other 2 1/2 year olds are sleeping in beds, so no harm to her! We were dreading it a little bit because we thought for sure she'd be getting out every few minutes, but so far so good! She just stays in her bed and reads a book or plays with a few toys until she falls asleep. We're very happy with how she's transitioning with being a big girl!She loves her baby sister so much, it's so sweet! Whenever we get near the hospital, she says "Here's Mia!" When we leave, she says "Bye, Mia! Yo te amo, Mia Amornay!" (I love you) Whenever she sees a picture of Mia, she HAS to kiss it... it really is so sweet. =)
We're praying today will be another good day - and we're praying the doctors will see Mia as Mia, just not another baby on a ventilator. Pray they just wait for her to get stronger before they try anymore weaning. Though it may just a very subtle in their eyes, it's apparently drastic for Mia.
Thank you all for your continued prayers, love and support! We love you all...
Rachael
A great big hug to YOU Rachel! What a time for a momma to go through. I'm so thankful that Mercedes is patiently hanging in there. God is good! So much to be thankful for in the midst of an aching heart.
ReplyDeletePraying for Mia.
Love you,
Analene
You stay strong, Mommy Adamis (and Daddy Adamis too)! I kind of like the cute, pink socks on Mia. :o) And CONGRATS big girl Cedes!!! WOW, how blessed you are that she is so obedient and doesn't climb out of bed. Isn't it amazing how God gives us no more than we're able to handle? Love ya!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletewe're praying. that's all we can do. The rest is up to God. The pictures you're posting are so precious. I think she looks very alert in the most recent one. Are they allowing her to be on her side more? I remember Ethan was not able to lay on his back when he was a newborn. I have no idea why, but whenever we laid him flat on his back, he would gasp for air and freak out. It annoyed my Dr's but you know what... I'd rather my baby be safe and happy than to satisfy some Doctor's nervous SIDS scare. :)
ReplyDeletePraying Mia continues to get well!
yay for big sister! such a huge milestone!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear Mercedes is doing well with all the change going on! The last few posts have been an encouragement to me, and I pray that you will continue to be held up by God's love and strength!
ReplyDelete