Hi everybody,
Mia was scheduled for an MRI this afternoon, so we went to visit her afterwards to hopefully get a report on the findings. When we arrived, she had just been taken back, so there weren't any results at the time, but we were still able to have a good long visit with our precious daughter. While I was with her, I was talking to her and touching her and she was really responding! It was so exciting! She's been relying completely on the ventilator and hardly takes any breaths on her own, but while I was talking and caressing her, she took close to 80+ breaths all on her own!! Keep praying for her!!
Tomorrow I get my staples out which I am not looking forward to in the least! I'm apparently healing up well, it just doesn't seem like it with the pain and such all the time! I'm sure my OB knows what he's doing. =) Continue praying for a smooth recovery so I can be free (and pain-free) to visit Mia and be ready for her when it's time for her to come home.
Tomorrow afternoon we have a family conference with Mia's doctor to discuss her health and progress. I'm sure Robert will write an update with what we find out then.
I've added a bunch of pictures of Mia's birth, etc to my Facebook page. Go to the following links and you'll be able to view them without needing to sign up for Facebook. =)
Thank you so much for your love and support for our family. You are all such a blessing and an encouragement to us! God is so good!
With love,
Rachael, Robert, Mercedes and Mia <3
Mia Amore Adamis pt 1
Mia Amore Adamis pt 2
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I looked at the pics, and had tears in my eyes! Praise God you finally got to kiss your baby girl! Thank you God she is taking breaths on her own. Yes...God IS good, and I thank God for friends like you. This past week has been a hard one, but a blessing in many ways to many people. First of all, a baby was born. Secondly, God is making her stronger. Thirdly, I've personally experienced a family with such a deep faith, amidst trying times. It's amazing to see how you and your fam are so strong! It's so encouraging, you have no idea. I admire the heck out of you guys!
ReplyDeleteJust remember, the staples coming out are a mixture of a ticklish feeling and a tiny bit uncomfortable, but not unbearable. Girl, you've come this far, I know you can do it!!! If you need moral support, just let me know and I'll be there for you while they take them out.
Looking forward to you guys getting some much needed info from the MRI. Praying that God will provide the doctors with a good report! Love and hugs...Shannon :o)
I've been praying for you and sweet Mia for a few months now. Just wanted you to know that your prayer net is very 'wide'.
ReplyDeleteLoves to you,
Jessica (Pellascio) Bischof