


Hi All,
Well, we received BIG news this week! I had my 36 week appointment and ultrasound Tuesday and Wednesday and both doctors agreed that our baby girl will be born next week! They're rather concerned because I have 60%-70% more amniotic fluid than is normal and that poses some complications with labor and delivery. My belly is so big! It should have measured 36cm this visit, but it measured 45cm!! No wonder people keep asking if I'm having twins! Thankfully, it only causes discomfort when I'm sleeping. Turning over in bed takes SO much effort, it's crazy!! =)
At my previous ultrasound, the fluid surrounding baby's brain was 15.1, so she was officially diagnosed with Hydrocephalus. Yesterday, the fluid measured at 18.1, so she will definitely be needing surgery to drain the excess fluid after birth. I'm still not exactly sure when or what the recovery time will be for her. The doctor said it will depend on how she's doing and what the Pediatric Neurologist says. The doctor said that her head is just a tad bigger than average, but with the extra fluid surrounding her brain, the OB doctor and I decided that giving birth naturally could cause more problems (because her head would have to compress to be delivered), so we are having a scheduled c-section on Wednesday, February 4th at 12:30pm. I never thought I'd ever have a c-section... I'm kinda nervous about it. =)
Our baby girl will be 37 ½ weeks gestational age (just 2 ½ weeks early) at time of delivery, so please pray that all her organs will be fully functioning – especially her lungs. Babies born at 37 weeks are considered full-term, so that's good. =)
At yesterday's ultrasound, the doctor was very pleased with her growth progress. For the very first time, she's on target! He was concerned because she was really small and some areas were measuring 2 weeks behind. She should be measuring 36 weeks and this time she was measuring 37 weeks! She weighs approximately 5lbs 9oz and is around 19'' long according to the ultrasound, so we'll see how accurate it is! =)
Please keep us in your prayers, both for me with the c-section and with baby girl being born 2 ½ weeks early and with her probable surgery. My Mom and Robert's Mom are flying in together on Saturday afternoon, so we'll have help with Mercedes, so we're glad about that! =)
Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers during this pregnancy... you're such wonderful friends and family!
Trusting God,
Rachael, Robert, Mercedes and (for one last time) Baby Stewie
Attached are pictures from the 12-23-08 and 1-28-09 ultrasounds
No comments:
Post a Comment