Friday, February 27, 2009

Still going, nothing outlasts the energizer, she keeps going, and going, and going...

Rachael and I were both nerveous this morning as we came into the hospital. Mia had done so well yesterday but we didn't know how long it would last. Rachael and I rushed into the washroom as soon as we could so we could get cleaned up and get to Mia's bed. I was the first one cleaned up and so I made it to Mia's bed first. Much to our relief Mia was still breathing like she was yesterday!

Dr. Paroozi is so happy with the progress made so far that he is going to try some tests to get an idea of if and when the breathing tube can come out. Of course the big question for Mia now isn't wether she has the urge to breath but now it's a question of her being capable of sensing her carbon dioxide and being able to increase her breathing to clear it out of her system. This testing process will take place over the nex couple of days. If all gos well, hopefully the tube will be coming out for good!

One other surprise is that Mia has her first pacifier! Her nurse Mercedes thought she would try to start stimulating her and seeing if Mia will develop the ability to suck. We are hoping she will be able to do this so she won't need to having a temporary feeding tube in her. Please keep this in prayer for her as Rachael and I would really like to avoide having to deal with a tube in her stomach.

We will post more updates tonight!

Robert

3 comments:

  1. This is just the most wonderful news! Praise God for showing us through Mia that miracles do happen! Thanks again for the informative updates...keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rachael (and family),
    I had no idea all this was going on with Mia Amore until I followed the link from your facebook page a couple days ago! I am keeping Mia in constant prayer, and have also asked for prayer for her on my blog (I hope that's okay).
    In Christ,
    Alane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What amazing news!! That has just made my day!! Praise the Lord for this great progress!!

    ReplyDelete