Today, it appears that Mia and God are making that decision for Rachael and I. Her heart rate has been higher than usual and she is having a harder time keeping her blood oxygenated. She has also been very unresponsive today, she was not moving around as she has in the past couple of days and she only opened her eyes once today. By the time we left the hospital, the nurse had to increase the level of oxygen given her to try to keep her stats up. We do not know if this is just a fluke today or if it a sign that she is starting to slip away.
Rachael and I know that God can work a miracle in Mia's life and we are still praying for that miracle. If he chooses not to, Rachael and I are at peace with her going to be with Jesus. We realize that as much as we want to take her home, it wouldn't be a life for her to be hooked up to machines for the rest of her life. Rachael and I have made the decision that we would rather her be free from this earthly body and in heaven with our Savior than to live a life that is sustained by artificial means.
Today Mia's nurse Patricia let Mercedes come in so that we could take a family picture together with Mia. We are so grateful to have Karla and Patricia as Mia's nurses. We realize how difficult it can be to work in such an environment where sometimes you don't win no matter how hard you try and want to. We are so grateful though that people like Patricia and Karla are able to do this and that parents like us can be assured that our babies are receiving the best care anyone could give them.
I will leave you all with our family picture.
Robert
Prayers coming from Alabama. What a beautiful baby, a beautiful family.
ReplyDeleteDear Robert & Rachael,
ReplyDeleteMay God give you the strength you need to serve & praise Him, whatever the outcome may be. Know that you are loved and are being lifted up before the throne! I have asked our church to pray as well.
Praying hard,
Kristin for the Ferrills
we love you guys and are praying for the wisdom that can only come from God and the strength only He can give you, followed by sweet peace. We're praying for a miracle, knowing God can do all things!
ReplyDeleteDear Rachel and Robert,
ReplyDeleteYou are always in our thoughts throughout the day! And we are praying for you! I am so glad you have your family with you and that you can give each other the support and love. God Bless
Nicolle
Robert and Rachel,
ReplyDeleteI have been praying for you, Mia and Cedes. You have a beautiful family. Our Father loves Mia so much and only wants what is the best for her. I am praying with you and for you all.
Jenni
Prayers for your family are going up from us today. May our Lord give you peace and comfort. Can you even imagine life without Him? Still praying for a miracle, too.
ReplyDeleteI continue to pray for your family and God's will for Mia's life. You are so strong and your faith for God through this time is so encouraging.
ReplyDeleteI will also pray that God renews you through this time so that you can be there 100% for Mia and Mercedes.
God loves Mia, like his child Israel, he has a plan and a will. Thank you for the courage to be faithful.
Love,
Katy (for all the Lalums)
Oh my...my heart goes out to you guys. May God continue to give you the strength you need for Mia and Mercedes. Your faith makes you so very strong. My heart breaks reading all of this. So many ups and downs. I pray that the time you have with Mia is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Christina (for all the Bradley's)
I am praying for all of you that our God will hold you all closely in his loving embrace as you go thru this very diffucult time You are all in my prayers and I am praying for a mircle for Lil Mia ...for all of you.....reading all of this my heart breaks so and I keep praying God will do his mircle Penny Bailey
ReplyDeleteI am contuning to pray for you and your family. this is the hardest thing I think anyone would ever have to go through.I can't even imagine how hard this is for you. Just remeber your a strong woman of God and he is here with you and baby Mia every second. I know he has a wonderful plan for her life weather it is for her to stay here with her family on earth or to join the His family in heaven. My prayers are with you every mintute of the day.
ReplyDelete