Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pray for our unborn baby - November 12, 2008









Dear loved ones,

Some of you already know this information already, but I thought everyone might want to know directly from me.

A few weeks ago we had the ultrasound that showed us that we're going to have another baby girl (or so they say!) which is wonderful news!!

Five days later, however, the doctor called to let us know that she found something in the scan that she didn't care for and advised that I go see a "downtown" (not Military) doctor for a level two ultrasound to look a little closer. From the image that she saw, the baby has too much fluid in her brain than normal at this point in development, but it looks like a minor problem (meaning it could normalize throughout the remainder of the pregnancy). What it looks like at the moment is that the baby could have
Hydrocephalus and depending how severe it is, the baby can either be born completely normal, or the baby could have some problems and could require surgery immediately following birth to drain the fluid.

We are, of course, praying that it was an incorrect reading of the image from the base hospital. Whatever the situation, we ask that you keep this beautiful
little child in your prayers! God is the One who is forming her - we all know He can do another miracle!!

I have my appointment for the level 2 ultrasound tomorrow morning, November 13th, at 8:30am.

Much love to you all,
Rachael, Robert, Mercedes and baby "
Stewie"
(Don't worry... we're not naming her that!! My brother gave her that silly nick the day I told him I was pregnant ... and it caught on!)

No comments:

Post a Comment