
Good news and bad news....
Overall, the doctor was happy with the results. Stewie is growing so much better now and she's only a few ounces under the average weight and just an inch smaller in size, so he was very pleased with that. Also, they were concerned last visit because I have a lot more amniotic fluid than normal and it was getting close to where they said I would need to have an amnio to drain some of the fluid (obviously, sticking a needle in my belly isn't exactly what I want to have done to me!!). This visit, I don't have as much fluid, which we're all happy about. =)
The bad news is that the baby has now been diagnosed with Hydrocephalus. Fifteen is the point to where it's officially diagnosed and her numbers were reading 15.7 this visit. The doctor said that it can go either way – it can get better or it can get worse. As soon as we get back into town, I'm going in for another ultrasound to see how she's doing and we'll decide what will happen from there. I do have questions now that I've had time to think about it, but I do know that if it continues to stay the way it is or worsen, she'll need to have surgery after she's born to put a shunt in to drain the excess fluid.
Please continue to pray that God will have His way with my baby girl. Of course, our selfishness wants her to be completely healed and be “perfect”, but we need to pray for God's perfect will to be done.
We are home for Christmas right now (Chico at the moment, then in San Jose later this week) and we'll will be coming back home when I'm 36 weeks at the end of January, so pray that if I go into early labor, it will happen in a location of a good hospital if we're not home yet!
I do an absolutely adorable ultrasound picture of baby girl, but I haven't been able to get it on the computer yet, so as soon as I do, I'll attach it. =)
Thank you for your prayers, love and support!
Lovingly, Rachael <3
No comments:
Post a Comment